• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B Grade 4090 disappointment - couldn't even post

Associate
Got tired of waiting for an FE 4090, so went for the MSI B Grade 4090 on OCUK. Delivered today and spent the last three hours trying to get it to post with the card installed. Did all the troubleshooting I could find online, no dice.

I would have thought that OCUK would test these before sending them to customers?

Now I have to wait for the return, then the refund. I hope I don't miss an FE restock in the meantime.

Has anyone else had problems with the B Grade GPUs being DOA?

Soldato
I was offered a 4080 for £900 recently, but decided for 90 days warranty it was not worth it. I did end up forgetting to cancel a 4090 from Germany, my head came back to reality and decided that is not worth it either :cry:.

Associate
Grab yourself a credit card with extended 0% interest, then you won't miss out on any FEs should they come in stock before you get a refund. Then just pay the card off and cancel it.

A dodgy b-grade 4090 sounds like something seriously has gone wrong. :eek:

Associate
Yup, it's the lack of warranty that always puts me off B-Grade. £1300 GPU with a 90 day warranty? Madness.

Bought a B-Grade washing machine from a large online appliance retailer recently, it was a fraction of the price new, had a microscopic dent on it and came with a year's warranty... not to mention the manufacturer still let me register the 10 year parts warranty (although we'll see if that sticks if I ever need to rely on it).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yup, it's the lack of warranty that always puts me off B-Grade. £1300 GPU with a 90 day warranty? Madness.

Bought a B-Grade washing machine from a large online appliance retailer recently, it was a fraction of the price new, had a microscopic dent on it and came with a year's warranty... not to mention the manufacturer still let me register the 10 year parts warranty (although we'll see if that sticks if I ever need to rely on it).
I just don't understand why they wouldn't even try the card? Logically all B Grade cards they have in stock should at least post.

It would be unreasonable to expect 1-2 hours of testing, but at least plug the damn thing in :confused:

Soldato
Ocuk clearance stock is a mess, all gpu b stock is more expensive than buying new.

The B grade stock goes back in at the price it was sold at originally thats why the prices are like they are, OCUK dont really give it much attention. They often dont do anything with the price. Thats why you have to put an offer in sometimes. Thats also why there is an offer thread in Latest News. Its been like it for years. If you see something in there always put an offer in. Quite often you bag a bargain.

The 90's days is OCUK warranty. Quite often the item still has manufacturers warranty so you could end up with 2 years still on the warranty. Depends on the manufacturer. Some will meet warranty even if its B grade. Some dont. Its a lottery I have had a few problem items including a DOA GPU but on the whole I've bagged some really good bargains. So dont dismiss it out of hand do your homework and you could get a bargain, if not you just return it.

Last edited:
Soldato
clearance is fine, you pays n take a chance, ive bought clearance and has been fine, generally sub 100 quid, wouldn't risk any more, its a chance you take, 90 warranty is a no no for me, anyway with gpu half the warranties aren't worth the paper they written on anyway, but i would want at least a yr to drop money on a clearance gpu. but its ppls choice if they want to take the risk

Last edited:
Caporegime
How about ocuk put the work in and reduce items to acceptable prices. Otherwise do away with clearance and stick them on ebay like the competition do.

Just buy from the competition and then ocuk is forced to reduce prices. Ocuk keeps prices at whatever level because they sell. So why wouldn't they.

Soldato
Not really had issues with B grade stock, usually pinging them for a better price works too. Only time i had an issue was a damaged b grade monitor but that was done in transit and OCUK refunded me quickly without a problem.

Back
Top Bottom