"B-Grade" cases from Overclockers?

Associate
Overclockers has a B Grade NZXT H700i for sale at £150 (normally £200) and I'm tempted to buy it but there's no way to know exactly why it's B Grade. I'm mostly just concerned it's going to have scratches on the glass or the panels.

Has anyone bought a "B Grade" case before and would know what to expect? Do you think it's worth it?

Associate
I know it be nice if they could list these "grade" items with what's actually missing/scratched or wrong with the item as they just tell you what it "could" be.

Caporegime
Think I've bought two OcUK B-Grade cases.

One of them was mint and boxed and even had all the accessories as far as I could see.

The other was missing accessories, a side panel was slightly bent, and the clips that held the top casing on were snapped. (In this case OcUK offered me a full refund and collection of the item so no complaints!)

Can be a bit hit and miss.

Soldato
i bought a bifenix colussus matx case, it was missing the PSU fitting adaptor, so there was no way you could ever fit a PSU.. OCUK tried to find a spare but didnt have one, so i was able to return it under the grounds "it wasnt functional"

Caporegime
Bought a B grade coolermaster CM690 II White, pre noise dampened and it was pristine. Not a thing wrong with it. Had to message to get it at a reduced price as it was up at the same price as new though. Most of the returns are just people changing their mind or minor damage. If it was genuinely faulty or majorly damaged they wouldn't be returns, but RMA's which likely wouldn't go on sale again.

Associate
Case I ordered had missing screws and hard drive mounting bracket which meant i couldn't put any hard drive in the case i sent it back for refund.

what annoyed me was the attitude i got from the staff member he just kept using excuse well it's b grade he wasn't understanding you can't use it so it's not fit for purpose why are they not checking this stuff and telling people.

It might be worth taking the risk if it ends up having issues just send it back but I find when OCUK does fairly large discount there must be something wrong with it just look at lot of the b grade products they sell most tend to be not far of retail price so wehn they do have big discount it must be for a reason.

Soldato
I know it be nice if they could list these "grade" items with what's actually missing/scratched or wrong with the item as they just tell you what it "could" be.
not possible because ocuk stock management system doesnt allow you to ID stock, what if there was 2 B grade items for the same SKU.... one is listed missing screws the other is listed scratched window...... cannot ensure you get which one you order.....

Associate
not possible because ocuk stock management system doesnt allow you to ID stock, what if there was 2 B grade items for the same SKU.... one is listed missing screws the other is listed scratched window...... cannot ensure you get which one you order.....

Give them a unique ID number via a sticker or something then you'll know?

Soldato
Give them a unique ID number via a sticker or something then you'll know?
No gunna happen, the systems at OCUK just dont allow for any way to log it on the system.

If it could have been done, it would have a long time ago. This was something I used to bring up when I worked at OcUK, as I was the case buyer back then between 2007 and 2013 - a solution was never found.

Back
Top Bottom