• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B****y Hell Conroe's really fast !!!

Associate
Using tmpgenc xpress to decode a dvd, on my X2 4800 it takes me to decode a 3hour movie around 4 - 41/2 hours, this beast does it in 3 1/2 hours... :D :D :D

Soldato
Sorry I don't mean to be negative but a decrease from 4-4 1/2h to 3 1/2h isn't that much of a speed up for the outlay - that's anywhere from 14%-27% faster, not a huge amount different really.

I only upgrade when there is a clear 2x speed improvement in system performance. I will not upgrade at the moment as nothing I use nags me enough to do so.

Fair play though, they are the best chips on the market for the next few months atleast, untill Core Quadro/K8L comes out, Intel definately pulled their finger out this time.

Associate
Hopefully intel does stay in the game this time as this will be good for us consumers.

When amd brings out there next big cpu, I hope it wont be like another Pentium 4 against Athlon 64. If you know what I mean.

hominid said:
Intel definately pulled their finger out this time.

Associate
hominid said:
Sorry I don't mean to be negative but a decrease from 4-4 1/2h to 3 1/2h isn't that much of a speed up for the outlay - that's anywhere from 14%-27% faster, not a huge amount different really.

I only upgrade when there is a clear 2x speed improvement in system performance. I will not upgrade at the moment as nothing I use nags me enough to do so.

Fair play though, they are the best chips on the market for the next few months atleast, untill Core Quadro/K8L comes out, Intel definately pulled their finger out this time.
Indeed, I'll be going from a newcastle 3500+ to E6600 and benchmarks indicate around 2x (just on core 0 of course) :cool:

Soldato
I have gone from an athlon xp 1800 to a Core Duo E6600 so as you can probably tell I am one very happy chap! especially when I can encode a DVD with Cinemacraft Encoder at nearly 6x the speed :eek:

Soldato
Drizmod said:
Uninstall tmpgenc and install Cinemacraft encoder. A 60 minute movie takes about 10 minutes to encode in 1 pass! :eek:

yeah but Cinemacraft encoder should be fast for something that costs over a grand for the software.

The off-line encoder for your high quality MPEG-2 encoding needs-Demo download available

LIST PRICE:£1,175.00 (excl. VAT)
(£1,380.63 including VAT

thats what 300 for the cpu and another 1300 for the software , making a total of 1700. Not worth it imho..

Just use WinAvi much cheapre ;)

Soldato
Roughneck said:
yeah but Cinemacraft encoder should be fast for something that costs over a grand for the software.

The off-line encoder for your high quality MPEG-2 encoding needs-Demo download available

LIST PRICE:£1,175.00 (excl. VAT)
(£1,380.63 including VAT

thats what 300 for the cpu and another 1300 for the software , making a total of 1700. Not worth it imho..

Just use WinAvi much cheapre ;)

Just purchase the basic version at $58 ;) Is as good as the pro version but without the extra features and options that you were probably never gonna use anyway

taken from their site:

Q. What is the difference between CCE-Basic and CCE-SP ?
A. CCE-Basic has the same encoding engine as CCE-SP, but it is a subset of CCE-SP with simpler settings. CCE-SP is designed for "high-end professional compressionists" who require advanced/detailed settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
Drizmod said:
Just purchase the basic version at $58 ;) Is as good as the pro version but without the extra features and options that you were probably never gonna use anyway

taken from their site:

Q. What is the difference between CCE-Basic and CCE-SP ?
A. CCE-Basic has the same encoding engine as CCE-SP, but it is a subset of CCE-SP with simpler settings. CCE-SP is designed for "high-end professional compressionists" who require advanced/detailed settings.

bloody hell that is a fair difference :eek:

Associate
yes because the basic version will only allow 2 passes @ most
great for avi to dvd or mpg to dvd

the CCE-SP is for making dvd 9 > dvd 5 and allows
for many passes as you want hence the large price

Back
Top Bottom