B550 MOTHERBOARD THAT WORKS WITH 5600X

Associate
hi all

I get USB and LAN disconnects with newly built MSI B550 Tomahawk board with 5600x cpu.

I've updated bios and tried suggested fixes. ( not using rear 3.1 usb ports, selecting gen 3 pcie in bios, avoid using the 2.5gb lan port) issues persist.

I'm ready to give up and return the board and get something else.

Doe anyone have a 5600x / motherboard combo that works with none of the above issues? or a fix for the issues i'm having with this board? wondering if it could be my psu its from old system its a corsair hx620. everything else is new

Thanks

Associate
OP
i flashed the bios to the latest one 7C91vA81(Beta version). Might try an older one just to see what happens

Associate
OP
not tried a linux live usb but i have had the mouse go non responsive when in the motherboard bios. keyboard still worked. I've now installed an older bios and updated the realtek lan port driver. Also unticked usb power saving in device manager for usb devices. Board could be faulty and a direct replacement might fix but im losing faith in this board/cpu combo

also the usb disconnect issue with b550 AMD chipset seems quite a big issue i didnt know about it before i got it. AMD have released bios updates for the chipset which are meant to fix it. I have lan port and usb disconnects :/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I’ve got the MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi and a 5600X, and not had any problems at all with them, so suspect you’ve been unlucky..

thanks. I've not had a crash since changing bios and updating the ethernet driver fingers crossed thats fixed it. if not Ill get the Gaming Carbon board

Soldato
The MSI B550 Tomahawk board and 5600x seems to be a widely used/recommended combination so I would be very surprised if they have some inherent incompatibility.

Soldato
The USB issues have been a problem since the 5000 series released and can effect any boards but they were supposed to have been fixed now.

Associate
OP
so i think i found the cause. when i flashed the bios again it reset to defaults. xmp disabled. started getting issues again after enabling it (also enabled game boost). So disabled xmp and set it to 3600 manually in the bios , also bumped ram voltage to 1.4. runs ok now no issues for a few hours. I dont know what other settings xmp changes but it wasnt stable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom