** BACK IN STOCK - Logitech G930 7.1 Surround Sound Wireless Headset **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
After a long period of being unavailable, the superb Logitech G930 7.1 Surround Sound Wireless Headset is now back in stock and shipping at OcUK

This headset has been in heavy demand with pre orders being generated even with no firm ETA

This is one of the best wireless headsets available, get yours today!

Logitech G930 7.1 Surround Sound Wireless Headset @ £149.98 inc VAT

SP-094-LG_400.jpg

Level up without being tied down. Gaming-grade wireless gives you a lag-free, interference-resistant connection with a range of up to 12 metres (40 feet) - so nothing stands between you and victory. 7.1 surround sound powered by Dolby technology delivers a detailed, positional soundfield that lets you hear your opponents before they see you. You'll have total command over music, voice morphing, chat clients and more with three programmable G-keys. And a memory foam-lined headband fends off fatigue, while plush ear pads ease pressure points and seal out unwanted noise.

- Gaming-grade wireless performance
- 7.1 surround sound
- Three programmable G-keys
- Memory foam-lined headband
- Noise-cancelling microphone

Only £149.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
I dont comment that much, However I have had this since its launch IT IS AWESOME!.

I normally go Grado with amp, But this has been the best PC headset i've ever owned, No sound card needed, And after all this time it still holds its charge, There is a reason it has not dropped in price. I would drop another £150 no prob.
LOL I sound like a salesman!.
BTW the best part is the surround switch for gaming, Amazing sound!.
Nuff said, Hope it helps someone decide.
:)

Associate
BTW the best part is the surround switch for gaming, Amazing sound!.
Nuff said, Hope it helps someone decide.
:)

Couldn't this be done with software for any headphones though :confused: these don't have a load of speakers at different angles or anything they're just standard 1 each side of your head affair. How well do they work anyways? Can you hear the direction well? What are they like for films with surround sound? compared to a regular PC 5.1 / 7.1 speaker kit. I only ask because I used to have a 2.0 speaker kit which had a surround switch and well, it was utterly terrible frankly :D

I have been thinking about getting a wireless headset for a while & I want surround sound for BF3 and bluray films mainly. I'm just not sure if I need to get these when in theory at least I could achieve the same with any cordless headset. The comments so far though are making me reconsider these :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I only ask because I used to have a 2.0 speaker kit which had a surround switch and well, it was utterly terrible frankly

You cant compare a 2.0 speaker set with surround sound headphones. Decent surround headphones really do provide identifiable directional sounds.

I have these, and they work pretty well. Of the three surround headphones I've used, my old medusas (first gen, with external amp) were the best - when combined with a decent onboard sound card. But you cant get them any more and they had a crazy tangle of cables.

For an integrated unit, and wireless, the 930s are very good indeed. I wear them probably a few hours most days.

Associate
You cant compare a 2.0 speaker set with surround sound headphones. Decent surround headphones really do provide identifiable directional sounds.

Ye I would expect it to work much better with headphones thinking about it. So you've convinced me on that front ;) how would you say the surround effect compares to a properly positioned surround speaker kit though? Is the direction more accurate/vague/about the same?

Associate
These are incredibly tempting. I hate wires getting in the way when using my wheel. My current usb headset also creates some static sound which is really annoying, I presume these don't have that issue. The price tag is the only thing holding me back right now. Is it really worth it?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Seem to have some great feedback from everyone here, I have tried the G35 but never had the chance to try the g930 properly

I'm gonna have to try one out on Monday :cool:

Soldato
Ye I would expect it to work much better with headphones thinking about it. So you've convinced me on that front ;) how would you say the surround effect compares to a properly positioned surround speaker kit though? Is the direction more accurate/vague/about the same?

I can't compare to properly positioned surround speakers, since I've never used one. I imagine it's a lot less distracting to neighbours and housemates when played in the the middle of the night though!

Seriously, though, direction is very easy to tell. I first started using a surround headset when playing Doom 3, and it send chills up my spine when i realised I was repsonding to the direction of sounds without consciously realising I was doing it. I would, say, hear a growl from my back right, and immediately dodge behind the pillar that would give cover from that direction, without thinking about it.

Plus the ambience of surround sound adds a lot to games that take advantage of it. (Especially horror-themed games.)

Some surround headsets arent very good, but the logitech ones work very well. The one drawback IMO is the surround/stereo switch (someone above mentioned this as a plus, so your mileage may vary). I've lost count of the amount of times I've started up a game, realised it was still on stereo (for music), and had to switch the game off and restart (because more and more games are now autodetecting sound and adjusting it to stereo or surround based on your windows settings).

There is one other minor drawback, if you play any of the F.E.A.R. 1 series of games. There is a glitch either in the game or in logitech's mouse/keyboard drivers: if you use certain logitech hardware, after a few minutes of game play, FEAR frame rate will nose dive and stay there till you shut down. The earlier drivers for the G930 weren't affected by this, but an update brought it into the same unified drivers as the G-series of mice and keyboards, and then it was affected. I was very upset at this, since I'd dumped my old logitech mouse and keyboard and reinstalled windows to avoid this bug.

But if you don't play the original FEAR, this isn't a problem and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Associate
can i ask a question. I got a G930 for 1 year.
Accidentally I have broken its wireless emitter. The USB on the base is bented. I have to hold it to get the green led flashed on .
I was wondering is it possible to get it reparied ? I'm happy to pay for it if it is required

Associate
I imagine it's a lot less distracting to neighbours and housemates when played in the the middle of the night though!

This is the reason I'm considering a set :p

Good to know about the switch. I don't play fear 1 but that does sound annoying for anyone that does :(

Thanks for your help I'm thinking I will probably order them the same time as an Ivy bridge cpu :) I'm not in any rush for the next couple weeks as I won't have very much spare time anyway.

can i ask a question. I got a G930 for 1 year.
Accidentally I have broken its wireless emitter. The USB on the base is bented. I have to hold it to get the green led flashed on .
I was wondering is it possible to get it reparied ? I'm happy to pay for it if it is required

Check logitech's website they have spare parts available & I have seen the wireless usb dongles for keyboards and mice on there. If you can't find what you need send them a message or phone them.

Associate
I would think they prob sell them seperately on there.

I dont know . I just notice that Logitech has 2 year warranty .and My G930 was bought in febrary 2011.
Besides, i cant find usb dongle from legitech website.**********************Thank you so much . just find it for 10 pounds from parts store.
Fantastic. now i dont need 2 buy a new headset. Ty so much man
But this is a wonderful headset. I found its great 2 listen some music when u in the kitchen with G930 :) have fun!

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Hope this makes your buying decision easier guys :)

Logitech G930 7.1 Surround Sound Wireless Headset @ £129.98 inc VAT

SP-094-LG_400.jpg

Level up without being tied down. Gaming-grade wireless gives you a lag-free, interference-resistant connection with a range of up to 12 metres (40 feet) - so nothing stands between you and victory. 7.1 surround sound powered by Dolby technology delivers a detailed, positional soundfield that lets you hear your opponents before they see you. You'll have total command over music, voice morphing, chat clients and more with three programmable G-keys. And a memory foam-lined headband fends off fatigue, while plush ear pads ease pressure points and seal out unwanted noise.

- Gaming-grade wireless performance
- 7.1 surround sound
- Three programmable G-keys
- Memory foam-lined headband
- Noise-cancelling microphone

Was £149.98 Inc. VAT

Only £129.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Very nice price :D I have the cabled G35s which are fantastic, would love to cut the cord on it as it can be a little awkward sometimes when playing racing games with a wheel. Also they are so comfortable sometimes I forget I'm wearing them meaning I get a nasty tug when I try to get up to get a drink :p

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Price isn't changing for the forseeable future unless the rebuy price goes mental.

They have been in restraint for ages and stock levels are still rubbish in honesty, sonic you want one then get one whilst we have stock

Back
Top Bottom