• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Back into gaming

Soldato
Hi all

I'm looking to get back into gaming, I have been playing BF3 etc on my Alienware M11x R3, runs very well but the screen is too small and the M11x is used to control my telescope and process images so I need to build a pc.

So far I have an I7 2600k, 16gb ram and some 2TB hard disks, they were pulled from a server due to an upgrade.

My last gaming on a desktop PC was around 8 years ago, so I'm well out the loop.

I was hoping to game on my TV through HDMI at 1080p although I'm not sure it will work so well?

Any ideas for a decent card that would fit the bill, don't mind going 2nd hand from fleabay.

Thanks

Soldato
The AMD HD6870 or if you can a little over budget then the nVidia GTX 560Ti. Both of which will let you run BF3 on "high" settings with deferred AA off with decent frame rates.

Second hand you can maybe pick up a HD6970 or GTX 570.

Soldato
OP
lol

680 looks a great card, I'd love one but I just bought an eyepiece for my telescope that was nearly £500 and that was 2nd hand lol so I have to be sensible and get a graphics card that's within budget.

I did see a 7850 on fleabay earlier for £169.99, was going to buy, then read some feedback on seller saying card was an ES with label saying "Not for resale" any ideas what "ES" is?

Cheers

Permabanned
lol

680 looks a great card, I'd love one but I just bought an eyepiece for my telescope that was nearly £500 and that was 2nd hand lol so I have to be sensible and get a graphics card that's within budget.

I did see a 7850 on fleabay earlier for £169.99, was going to buy, then read some feedback on seller saying card was an ES with label saying "Not for resale" any ideas what "ES" is?

Cheers

When spending that much money why are you not buying from reputable retailers? Personally I'd never buy high end good which has NO aftersales services from the bay. I understand you want to save money but if and when things go wrong you'll end up with an expensive paper weight.

Back
Top Bottom