1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to Iphone

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by ZXSpectrum, Nov 22, 2019.

1. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Hi All,

I have been away from Apple for a couple of years and been using a Pixel 2 XL. My contract was up and they did me a good black Friday deal on a iPhone 11 64Gb with a stupid amount of data.

So, my question is... What is the easiest and most reliable way of transferring my content (Numbers, media etc) to the iPhone? Is there a program that I can use that will give me a list of installed apps, media etc that I can pick and chose what to save or bin?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Feek

Commissario

There's an app for that. ;)

3. Kol

Don

The only thing you'll struggle with is transferring your whatsapp content across.

4. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

:D thanks for that..

Not really bothered about WhatsApp as the photos save to my gallery anyway. Does it transfer Keep Notes? Or will I have to do that manually?

5. Feek

Commissario

No idea, I’ve never actually used it.

6. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

Welcome back to the apple club sir ;)

You'll notice the incredibly faster processing power, more stable system and no hangs or lock ups ;) :p

7. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Didn't really have much of a problem with the Pixel 2 XL. Was a pretty decent phone really. Had a couple of silly things like settings that would randomly change but not been to bad for a couple of years. Only went away from Apple because the iPhone X was such a silly price. My mum was after a new phone so to save her some money I will give her the Pixel. Its still in pretty decent condition bar a few bits of paint that have chipped off around the top and bottom edge, screen is still mint and i have had it in a case for 2 years... oh and overkill spec and 128gb :o for what she will use it for but saves me buying her a xmas prezzie.. :D

8. Kainz

Capodecina

I’m the same. Returned to Mobile iOS for the first time since the iPhone 4 era. Bought a 2nd hand Xs off the ocuk mm.

The Apple app for transferring content was absolutely useless for me and my S8+. It finished the long process with an error message.

I ended up transferring my contacts by exporting them in ics format from google contacts web. It worked well enough though birthday dates were all broken and needed amending.

Unlike going from iOS to Android WhatsApp which I have done twice, exporting from Android to iOS was a mess and I lost years worth of history. Not too fussed at the end of the day since I’ve since moved to far better Telegram.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  9. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Grrrr really struggling with Move to IOS program :( I can connect and put the code from my iPhone into my android phone with the app, it prepares and sees the data, it will look like its transferring but constantly comes up saying something along the lines of transfer interrupted. I have even tried the Anytrans software but it seems to struggle seeing my iPhone even though it sees it in windows no problem and is unlocked. Been at this for about 4 hours so far.. :(

10. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Arrrrgh! still no joy! tried about 10 times now. I just keep getting the Pixel going to 48% then on the iPhone I get a message saying could not migrate. :( I have tried everything on the app website and still no joy.. So frustrating. :(

11. Alpherah

Sgarrista

Disable push for emails, delete any apps which may ping a Server (they won’t move anyway) , take out the SIM card if there is one, forget all WiFi networks

12. Kainz

Capodecina

It’s the Apple app. Mine on its first two attempt also went balls up twice at the 50-60% stage. Reviews of it seem very similar to my experience.

13. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Still didn't get it working after trying everything. Deleted most apps, removed all music and photos that were backed up. Removed all the WI-FI networks and still would not work. So my iPhone recovered an old IOS contact backup and I logged into my google account and managed to pull my contacts down but there was a mix of old and new so had to go through all that last night. Have my photos backed up to google as well as my Keep notes that I have saved as a doc. Its just my messages that I cannot retrieve. Sigh...

14. Cleisthenes

Soldato

That's what you get for running off to the clan without the app draw :p ;)