1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup software?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Messiah Khan, 19 May 2006.

1. Messiah Khan

Sgarrista

Im after a bit of advise about backup software. Ideally what im after, is a program where you can select various files and folders that you want backing up. Thses are then copied to another drive. The drive is then kept synchronised say every 24 hours when my computer is idle. A bit like RAID1, but with a 24 hour delay. Is there any software out there like this?

2. earlyflash

Gangster

Windows backup can do this. Put it on a scheduled task, and bob's your uncle. I do this on my server.

3. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Likewise you could also set up a simple RoboCopy command (see google) to replicate data to another directory/computer and kick this off via a scheduled task.

4. Messiah Khan

Sgarrista

Excellent, never knew windows could do that. Thanks guys ;)

5. Richdog

Caporegime

Acronis Trueimage. Don't leave home without it... it's the best bar none. ;)

6. Messiah Khan

Sgarrista

Too late Richdog mate. Ive just made my Robocopy command file, and it works.. well.... Perfectly! :D What an amazing command Robocopy is, and it has soo many options and switches.