Backup solution

Associate
Hi folks,

Hoping for some advice as I am loosing my mid with my current backup solution (Acronis) and looking for other options.

I have a standard desktop PC and use Acronis so schedule a backup of C:\Users\(user) to an external hard drive every month, and a scheduled backup to the Acronis cloud every week. I use the cloud to access my files when I am on the road (about half the year). I loved Acronis as is did all this in one place and was very easy.

Then late last year a bug in the software resulted in all my cloud data being lost (luckily my external drive was ok). But since then I am having nothing but hassle trying to access the Acronis Cloud. Three times in the past month none of my files are accessible as the webpage hangs on the log in screen. I have tried multiple computers and networks to access my files, but nothing works. Then randomly the next day it is working, for now.

So has anyone any advice for a simple solution that replicates what Acronis does.

I have BT Cloud storage but have never used it, might be a good starting point.

Permabanned
Why not just use something like mega.nz or dropbox or Google Drive or OneDrive to backup required folders automatically? I used to make images of systems but I stopped doing it as it was faster just to reinstall. Plus I actually don't know when I reinstalled my OS, must be a good 6-8 months ago now.

All my data is in the cloud, don't make backups of full systems any more.

Associate
OP
Why not just use something like mega.nz or dropbox or Google Drive or OneDrive to backup required folders automatically? I used to make images of systems but I stopped doing it as it was faster just to reinstall. Plus I actually don't know when I reinstalled my OS, must be a good 6-8 months ago now.

All my data is in the cloud, don't make backups of full systems any more.

Do you not bother with external disk backups?

I never did the entire image backup, just userfiles folder.

Soldato
I like macrium reflect
Had plenty issues with acronis
Especially secure zone
A 40gb image restore with
Macrium takes me
2 minutes 50 seconds
Though have fast M2 drives
An image restore is absolutely
Faster than a re~install
It's not so much Windows but all the
Other stuff with a re~install