Bad breath - come on!

Caporegime
What is it with some people who have to stand right in your face with their stinky I-should-probably-go-to-a-dentist breath? It absolutely reeks, no person should have to endure that, at least eat a mint or chew some gum or something you stinky neanderthals :mad:

/rant

Soldato
I've just added a tongue brush to my Rainforest basket with some tongue gel, thanks for making me paranoid I already brush twice daily.

Soldato
I use a tongue scraper. Basically a thin strip of metal bent in a U shape which you run across your tongue. The amount of crap that it takes off is ridiculous.

Associate
It's weird when people fly off the handle about smells. I guess it's an evolutionary thing. "Woe is me! I'm temporarily inconvenienced!"

They probably don't realise, tell them. They may also have medical issues you know nothing about.

Soldato
I remember years ago before i had my wisdom teeth removed and my missus turned to me and said "btw your breath is quite bad, you should check this out". It turned out that my wisdom teeth were not fully coming through my gums and a very small amount of debris was collecting under the cavity.

I had them removed and thankfully things have improved. I am now so paranoid about my breath i brush twice daily and always brush the back of my tongue just incase. I was horrified when she told me and i am so scared of bad breath now that i tend not to speak directly at someone if we are inside and at close quarters. It always plays on my mind and i am worried constantly about having bad breath as its i know what i think when someone breaths bad breath on me and i dont want them thinking that about me.

Soldato
It's weird when people fly off the handle about smells. I guess it's an evolutionary thing. "Woe is me! I'm temporarily inconvenienced!"

They probably don't realise, tell them. They may also have medical issues you know nothing about.

There's a guy that comes in to my work and I'm pretty sure he never bathes, or if he does it's in Tobacco.
It actually makes my eyes water and my throat ache afterwards, but that's the side effect of being around smokers.

As for a medical condition in regards to the OP, if they know that maybe don't stand so close.

Same for people who are ill and don't cover themselves when they sneeze/cough, ya'll disgusting.

Soldato

I brush my tongue too btw, no idea how you can feel clean or get rid of smelly breath if you don't.

I've used my tooth brush and some paste on my tongue but thinking about it the actual tool for the job might be better, I recently changed toothpaste and that made a big difference, my teeth feel smoother.

Soldato
Some people don't realise.

It can be signs of gum disease etc they have to go and see their dentist if it's a persistent problem even if they brush. I had a friend like that, his dental hygiene was generally fine but his breath would sometimes stink badly.

Associate
Potentially it also might be nothing to do with bad oral hygiene. If you have bad acid reflux no amount of toothpaste is going to prevent it, and if you do have bad reflux then bad breath is probably lower on your list of things to fret about.

Associate
I have bad teeth, long history of problems with teeth since I was a kid.

However, I have never had or been accused of bad breath, even asked a dentist to ensure it was the case. My point is it's not always about bad teeth. It's about bad washing.

Scrub your tongue, and brush twice a day. Sure if you go on the razz after a massive curry and don't wash before you go to bed, you're going to stink. IF you only eat meat and no veg, you'll also stink. So diet is a bit of an issue too.

Soldato
I'd rather be around someone with bad breath than bad body odour. I've lost count of the times I was stood in queue somewhere, and the person next to me stunk of BO. Imagine what is was like a hundred years ago and beyond when people rarely bathed and there were no deodorants/anti persperants. I guess that as everyone stunk, no one minded lol.

Back
Top Bottom