Bad Company 2 - Punkbuster keeps kicking me from sever - packet loss 9003?

Soldato
Hi there, I dont play BC2 often, but I've been off for a few days ill and I felt like having a few games tonight and so I logged in and got kicked with this error "punkbuster losing key packets 9003" and I joined different servers and got kicked like 3 times, and it just says am kicked for 0 minutes and lets me rejoin the server but then after say 30 seconds to 5 mins it kicks me again.

I went to PB website, downloaded the program, updated BC2, and tried 2 more servers but got kicked from both so it's made no difference.

Because the first thing I thought was maybe PB needs updating, but I've updated it and am still getting kicked?

Anyone else had this problem? Know of any fixes?:mad::confused::rolleyes::(

EDIT: Well I've just been doing searches on google and reading other forums and people having same problems, apparently some are saying its EvenBalance's fault and it happens sometimes and that people who own servers that are always full are suddenly empty so am hoping its just for today and will just try again tomorrow because I've never had this problem before and seems a bit weird, I dont even know what the error message means.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Try manual updating punk buster... that should solve your problem

I've done that mate, I updated it, and then tried again, didnt work, and then I tried uninstalling punkbuster, reinstalling it and then trying again, still doesn't work.

Also I updated my ATI Catalyst drivers today to 11.3, do you think that could be the problem?

Soldato
OP
Ok I've done it manually by running that file in the punkbuster folder but now I've been kicked out the server again after about 60 seconds and this time the error message is slightly different...now it says "Losing key packets 9005". :mad:

EDIT: Also that punkbuster services test says "test finished without errors".

Last edited:
Soldato
It may take a few attempts...

Try restarting your computer as well.

Do you have both PBA and PBB exe's running in task manager?

Basically, Punk buster is not configured properly on your machine. Either the exe's are not running, or they do not have access through your firewall, or they have not updated to the lates version yet.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I have not been able to play bc2 for 6 months, connection to server gets reset no matter what settings i do to my firewall.

Back
Top Bottom