Associate
Hello,

I'm in need of help with my current setup.

Specs:

Motherboard - Asus ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming
Gpu - Nvidia EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
CPU - i9 10850k
Memory - 64GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz
PSU - Corsair RM850x 80 Plus

Running at 2560x1440
Windows 10

User benchmark:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/50113572

Issue:

I am getting much lower performance than I should be with my current build.

Its global, across all games I play, with some being more noticeable than others.

For eg. In base Minecraft I get between 100-135 fps, with no Mods and regardless of View distance, FPS stays around that bracket. Whereas comparing should be 220-270.
In Minecraft with Sodium (major performance mod) My fps stays the same, 100-135 whereas in comparison should be way over 1000+ fps.

In Doom Eternal, its the same throughout the game, I'm getting 60-80fps, again, switching from low graphics to ultra nightmare, the FPS remains in that bracket.
Where in comparison to others, should be 250+ fps.

In The Hunt Showdown, me and my friend who has a very similar build but an i7 6700k and an Asus 3080, had the same settings, stood in the same spot looking the same direction, I was getting 103fps avg, he was getting 147 avg.

In Gunfire Reborn, I would drop down to the 40's fps bracket, sometimes lower when theres a lot of enemies on screen together, where my friend would be over 100+.

I was thinking at first the PSU could be the culprit, but I realise I don't think it is because I'm not getting freezes, artefacts or crashes.

Have not noticed any bottlenecks and temperatures avg around 60-70 for CPU and 70 for GPU under load.
Obviously it does vary but I haven't noticed any temperature behaviour that's out of the ordinary.

I have however noticed a lot of the time I'm having low CPU and GPU usage.

I have tried:

• Reinstalling GPU drivers
• Clean install of Windows 10
• Disabling background apps
• Disabling in-game overlays
• Setting power management mode to prefer maximum performance
• Switching Bios PCIE from auto to Gen3 (highest my motherboard supports)
• Switching Bios RAM profile from auto to XMP
• Updating Bios
• Running games from different SSD's

Other info:

• I am using GPU cable extension cables - Red LINKUP - 30cm (3x8 pin)
• Full tower with 4x200mm case fans and 1x rear 140mm
• Have 2 monitors, and quite a lot of devices connected to PC, for eg Speakers with RGB backlight,
external HDD's, Phone charger, USB 3.0 extension hub.

If there's anything I'm missing which can help please let me know,

Any input would be great, I'm curious as to whether it could be a faulty component, an incorrect setting or something else.

Thanks

Edit:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/71583675?

Last edited:
Associate
Have you tried plugging the GPU directly in to the motherboard without riser cable? LINKUP is a pretty good brand but PCI-E can be very picky.
Try remove one of the monitor as well.

Also can you run 3D mark etc and post the score? fps count can always be a little subjective when it comes to judging performance.

Back
Top Bottom