Bad problem with Asus P8Z77-V with onboard graphics

Sorry to bump this but was it ever fully solved? Windows 10 update keeps re-enabling the Intel GPU and bricking my computer. Really really frustrating. This p8z77 can't disable onboard yet my p8p67 I can disable onboard fine.

Also trying to install a new Windows 10 build will crash too because it wants to use the Intel GPU instead of my AMD causing it to hang as well, so I can't install the latest build either. :(

Last edited:
Did anyone find a solution to this i am having the same issue.

Windows 10 keeps trying to update the driver for the onboard VGA and it crashes. Manually updating the driver from the Asus website results in a crash too. I cant seem to see a way to disable the onboard VGA in the BIOS. Im a bit stuck

Safe mode to disable the device, shut down.
Then reset the bios/cmos by the jumper on board
Then load bios defaults
Make sure you set up pciexpress as graphics
Double check that multi monitor is disabled

I think that was it. Not at my pc at the moment but that worked ok for me.

Safe mode to disable the device, shut down.
Then reset the bios/cmos by the jumper on board
Then load bios defaults
Make sure you set up pciexpress as graphics
Double check that multi monitor is disabled

I think that was it. Not at my pc at the moment but that worked ok for me.

Thanks for getting back to me, I apologise for my ignorance but what use is resetting the CMOS? I will check the other settings but im pretty sure its already set to disable multi monitor

Thanks for getting back to me, I apologise for my ignorance but what use is resetting the CMOS? I will check the other settings but im pretty sure its already set to disable multi monitor

as soon as you enable (even by mistake) the onboard GPU, the bios settings cannot be reversed, even if it shows otherwise, its a bug. Resetting the bios/cmos disables it again (default).

obviously note down all your other settings though.

as soon as you enable (even by mistake) the onboard GPU, the bios settings cannot be reversed, even if it shows otherwise, its a bug. Resetting the bios/cmos disables it again (default).

obviously note down all your other settings though.

You're a genius mate it seems to have worked. Doesn't seem to be even find the HD4000 in windows now. Thanks for the help :p

Back
Top Bottom