Bad RAM from CeX

Associate
So last week I bought some bits from CeX 3 of those items were sticks of RAM.

I didn't try them out right away, the first stick that was labeled as DDR2 2GB was actually a 4GB DDR3 RAM stick. I noticed it said 4GB on it and I thought I had got a bargain 4GB DDR2 stick but nope it was DDR3. Its partly my thought I should have checked it and as it was only 1 pound I didn't bother returning it.

The other two DDR2 RAM sticks I bought that were labeled correctly, they did not work. I first tried them in the machine I had bought them for and the computer failed to post with red lights flashing. I checked to make sure the RAM was seated correctly I also tried the both RAM sticks separately no joy. I then tried them in another machine with the same result.

I went back to CeX to return them and I was told they have to be tested before any refund. The guy in the store told me I couldn't return them because the serial numbers were not the same? I then pointed out to him the model numbers on the ram sticks match the serial number on the receipt "a mistake of CeX" so he then spoke to the person in charge and she it was fine and that they had got the serial numbers as the models numbers. He gave me a receipt and told me to come back 20 minutes later so I did... they still hadn't tested them and I was told to come back again.

I decided to wait until the next day to return which is today... different staff who were friendly. They told me they were unable to test the RAM and said its probably bad and they showed me the test paper with fail and pass marks on it to which no boxes had been ticked. I was then asked if I want a voucher emailed to me and I said I would like a cash refund and got my money back.

I was about to quote the Consumer Rights Act to them.

All this could have been avoided if only they tested them before selling them.

Permabanned
So last week I bought some bits from CeX 3 of those items were sticks of RAM.

I didn't try them out right away, the first stick that was labeled as DDR2 2GB was actually a 4GB DDR3 RAM stick. I noticed it said 4GB on it and I thought I had got a bargain 4GB DDR2 stick but nope it was DDR3. Its partly my thought I should have checked it and as it was only 1 pound I didn't bother returning it.

The other two DDR2 RAM sticks I bought that were labeled correctly, they did not work. I first tried them in the machine I had bought them for and the computer failed to post with red lights flashing. I checked to make sure the RAM was seated correctly I also tried the both RAM sticks separately no joy. I then tried them in another machine with the same result.

I went back to CeX to return them and I was told they have to be tested before any refund. The guy in the store told me I couldn't return them because the serial numbers were not the same? I then pointed out to him the model numbers on the ram sticks match the serial number on the receipt "a mistake of CeX" so he then spoke to the person in charge and she it was fine and that they had got the serial numbers as the models numbers. He gave me a receipt and told me to come back 20 minutes later so I did... they still hadn't tested them and I was told to come back again.

I decided to wait until the next day to return which is today... different staff who were friendly. They told me they were unable to test the RAM and said its probably bad and they showed me the test paper with fail and pass marks on it to which no boxes had been ticked. I was then asked if I want a voucher emailed to me and I said I would like a cash refund and got my money back.

I was about to quote the Consumer Rights Act to them.

All this could have been avoided if only they tested them before selling them.

are you like 10 years old ?

Soldato
I sold my Xbox One to CEX, got a decent price tbh but the refused the external HDD saying it wouldn't test.

Now there was absolutely nothing wrong with it so I asked what they used to test it. "We plugged it into the laptop".......

Back
Top Bottom