Bad Results after extended tests with Kingston Class 10s and 550D

Associate
So despite initial tests, after an extended session with 5 separate cards I've discovered that these cards: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FL-083-KS actually can't read/write fast enough 100% of the time.

Has anyone else had this experience at all? This aside, could anyone who has the 550D let me know what cards they use for video on a regular basis please. No theory either, these should "theoretically work" but clearly don't.

Cheers,

Dave.

Associate
from what i've read the "SanDisk Secure Digital High Capacity Card Extreme Video HD 16GB Class 10" is a very good card. it descripted as 30bm/s read and write but if you read the fine print it 20mb/s read and write. i read a review of someone who has use it on a nikon for video and he say that he hasn't had a problem with it. might be worth having a look at it. for what it worth i have "SanDisk Secure Digital High Capacity Card Extreme Video HD 8GB Class 8" for use with my 550d mainly for photos (RAW only) plus the odd long exposure and i haven't had a problem with it yet, im tempted to upgrade to 32gb class 10 version of the card.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd also vote for the "SanDisk Secure Digital High Capacity Card Extreme Video HD 16GB Class 10" , got mine for £15.39 the other day from the river place and it was the 45mb version, does 1080p on my nex-5n fine as you'd expect

Associate
OP
Yeah I had a look at the details on these and they are meant to manage 15MB/s, and the camera is only meant to need 8MB/s tops.

By the looks of it I will need to try something like those Secure SanDisk cards, if you have had good experiences that makes me want to give it a go. Will have to sell these others first I think. Probably keep 1 or 2 for photos as they are fine with that, and even with fairly long exposures.

Back
Top Bottom