Bad visuals in Vista

Don
My Compaq NC6400 Laptop has always had a very sharp screen and looks very nice in widescreen. Eversince I installed Vista Business the text on webpages (e.g overclockers) looks to have shadows and generally poor quality, the resolutions I can choose from are either 1024x768 or 800x600.
In XP this problem never arose, I have installed the drivers from the HP site for my graphics card designed for Vista.

Any ideas?

Soldato
andybtsn said:
My Compaq NC6400 Laptop has always had a very sharp screen and looks very nice in widescreen. Eversince I installed Vista Business the text on webpages (e.g overclockers) looks to have shadows and generally poor quality, the resolutions I can choose from are either 1024x768 or 800x600.
In XP this problem never arose, I have installed the drivers from the HP site for my graphics card designed for Vista.

Any ideas?

Still sounds like your drivers aren't installed right only offering 2 resolutions. It should be set at 1200 x 800 for an average w/s laptop.

Try getting the drivers from the graphics card's manufacutrer's website.

Don
OP
Hmmm, this is strange, I went to my display properties again and then to 'advanced settings', I then clicked on the tab that displayed the name of my GFX, and in there I was able to select 1280x800 and now all looks fine. Why would it not display this in display settings? :confused:

A note for you all I guess then...

Don
OP
Another issue.

When using XP I had a 15" TFT as a secondary monitor (screen extented, not clone), I can't run the monitor at 1024x768 which I could before, and if I select my laptop as the primary monitor I have to scroll to the left to get to the 15" where as before I could to scroll the right (the monitor sits to the right of the laptop). I can only run the monitor at 800x600 now which is annoying.

Back
Top Bottom