Badly dubbed adverts

J.B

J.B

Soldato
The one that annoys me that isnt on anymore is where the kid is in the bathroom and goes
"Its all gone, its all gone!" then his mum asks what...blah blah blah.

Not only is it really badly dubbed the boy is asian and the mum is caucasian and it just looks weird.

Soldato
It's clever. While you're dismantling the advert on these levels, the subliminal message gets through. I bet you all have cupboards and medicine cabinets full of these products!:D

nope, tend to buy supermarket own brand for most things (except dishwasher tablets as we tried the supermarket ones and they aren't as good as finish total).

Soldato
Aren't adverts a cue to go to the toilet / make tea / chat with family about how crap the programme you're watching is / channel surf to see if there's owt better on?
You're not supposed to watch them!!!

Soldato
One of the actual technical reasons why dubbing can look so off, is because most commercials are still shot on film, then they go through the Telecine process to change them to video for television, changing the speed from 24pfs, to 25fps or 30fps. This obviously changes the pitch, but when you also have multiple different versions, for different markets and not a huge unlimited budget, you are going to get dubbing that is off. It's hardly the end of the world though.

Soldato
I often find I can tell the advert has been redubbed even without looking at it! The voices are always far too cheery and perfect, I think it was one for fabreeze that I noticed the other day. I'm guessing it was American but dubbed with Oh So Clear English voices. Awful.

Would rather just have American accents. Dubs make me :mad:

Unless it is old martial arts movies. FOr some reason I like that :o

Soldato
It's not just dubbed adverts, it's ALL adverts that deserve to die.

A young girl isn't going to win at arm wrestling because she's eaten a yoghurt
I've have never EVER seen a grown man talk about house freshness and then fall into a rug
I have been duped into buying into the 'compare the meerkat', did a compare quotation and then received 10,000 calls to my phone harassing me
How the hell have we survived all these years without pro-biotic yoghurts

HOWEVER ironically my temperament is soothed by watching the shopping channels. If that women get excited over a 10000000 rpm whisk, imagine what she'd do for other vibrating instruments. The products they sell are all so positively life-changing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
anythign that gets you to think about hte advert is good?

We ain't talking about the products in the adverts are we, we are talking about how **** the adverts are.

This kid who wants to go to paul's... I have absolutely no idea what this is advertising, all I know its some air freshener but there are 10s on them, I can't remember its name or anything.

These adverts aren't good and don't work.

Back
Top Bottom