Ballon d'Or 2012

Soldato
Ronaldo didn't have a good euro's imo, he started badly then got better as it went on nothing really there to say he had a good euro's tbh, i would like to see Iniesta or Pirlo pick it up these guys are just fantastic players to watch.

It will probably be Messi he's the best player on the planet and nobody can touch him.

Associate
Pirlo or Iniesta do not deserve the award the only time 7 games at an International tournament makes you worthy of such an award is the World Cup. And even then the players who make the difference in it have carried over good form from that season.

Ronaldo is the only player I know with Cannavaro whose won the award off the back of an International only cameo and both were World Cup Winners.

Messi will win a record 4th Ballon D'Or and will probably go on to claim 7-8 overall and while Ronaldo probably deserves it this season having set new records with his team-mates and winning La Liga. Messi has set a whole bunch of individual records of his own (so has Ronaldo) but I think by now the media praise/approval is massively on Messi's side.

The one time Messi hasn't deserved to win it (2010) When Sneijder should have he almost won every single prize he could win that year but fell short losing in the World Cup Final. This award is clearly more of a popularity contest as opposed to which player has had the better season as trophies would count in the voting if so. I think Ronaldo may come close but I'd be shocked if he was the winner.

Soldato
Falcao.

He doesn't have Iniesta/Xavi/Ozil/Alonso/Di Maria/Fabregas ect to assist his goals.

Look at what Falcao has done for Atletic Madrid in two seasons at the club.

34goals/42 games
2010/2011 - AM 9th place (pre falcao)
2011/2012 - AM 5th place
2012/2013 - joint top with Barca

2011/2012 Europa League top goal scorer (12 goals)

Last edited:
Associate
Falcao.

He doesn't have Iniesta/Xavi/Ozil/Alonso/Di Maria/Fabregas ect to assist his goals.

Look at what Falcao has done for Atletic Madrid in two seasons at the club.

34goals/42 games
2010/2011 - AM 9th place (pre falcao)
2011/2012 - AM 5th place
2012/2013 - joint top with Barca

2011/2012 Europa League top goal scorer (12 goals)

I don't think you can say that Falcao was the one reason that AM went up to fifth from ninth.. You also got his stats wrong:

52 games and 5 subs 39 goals 5 assists was what I found out.

Anyway, just because he didn't have world class support doesn't mean he performed better than Messi and Ronaldo, just pointing out that..

Assists from Xavi and Iniesta and Fabregas
Fabregas 17
Xavi 14
Iniesta 11

So, 42 assists total from them.
Messi scored 73 goals, so he'd have still scored, taking away ALL of their assists, not just ones to him, 31 goals. Falcao scored 39. Then Messi made 29 assists on top of that, whilst Falcao made.. 5 assists. (Messi: 60 goals created/scored, Falcao: 44 goals created/scored)

So all in all, taking away all those goals from messi (considering not all of those assists were for him..) Messi still created more goals for Barcelona than Falcao did for AM. So yeah, that argument is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom