Ban the owls. YA RLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gothic Draconia said:
I am not sure if this has been posted before so i apologise now if it has.

"On Tuesday, February 7, 2005, the owl (named Jonathan) died at the San Diego Zoo from sudden onset of pneumonia. He was 17 years old."

Does this mean the owls and this thread have been done to death?

/coat

/taxi

drunknmunky said:

Wikipedia said:
The textual phrase "o rly?" was first popularised on the SomethingAwful forums. The earliest publicly-viewable archives of its use range from mid-2003 onwards. Older instances exist in the complete forum archives, but a registration fee is required to view them.

So yeah, guys the bandwagon left about 3 years ago. Who the hell votes this crap a five?

3 years ago? Not really, given that it only started about 2.5 years ago.

Besides, SA might start a lot of the decent things you see on the internet but to get to them you need to wade through a LOT of dross. Its not like SA is only populated by comedy heroes.

I don't understand why goons think themselves above everyone else. So you saw something before someone else. Big deal.

I don't agree, most of the crap that appears on the Awful Forums gets gassed / ignored very quickly. I joined there about 2 years back and I see more threads on the first pages of the subforums worth reading than on any other message boards.

26ok.jpg

!

Caged said:
I don't agree, most of the crap that appears on the Awful Forums gets gassed / ignored very quickly. I joined there about 2 years back and I see more threads on the first pages of the subforums worth reading than on any other message boards.
I joined about 3 or 4 years back, and visit every once in a while. There's rarely anything worth bothering with.

Gilly said:
I joined about 3 or 4 years back, and visit every once in a while. There's rarely anything worth bothering with.

Out of 30,000 posts per day? I can see why someone might decide aids jokes aren't for them and stay away from GBS, but to say there's nothing there at all. . .

I'm better off here, no doubt. Far better community.

If I don't see the good stuff at SA whilst having to wade through the rubbish I'm gonna get to see it elsewhere anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom