Bandit to Daytona

Associate
I've decided to get rid of the 1250 Bandit SA. It's too goddamn big! I've test rode CBR600RR, R6, ZX636 and Daytona 675 (yes I've kinda already decided on a supersport).

I really liked the CBR600RR (My crotch is still bruised from the R6) and the Daytona but I think I prefer the Triumph. Anyone had the 675 for a decent period? I've found a few in Aberdeen and can get a reasonable price on the trade in.

I figured I'll migrate to the Virago's and Adventurer's in my old age but for now, sporty!

Soldato
Are you in Scotland?

My mate has the 675 and loves it. He is quite short, but everyone I know thats been on it loves it and say it has the grin factor. There also damn quick. On the bike forum we had a discussion about them and everyone was goign towards the Trumpet for choice of bike. They are rather narrow though.

Here is his
04092010294.jpg

148.jpg

Soldato
They are a great bike, Possibly going to be my next bike....
I found them quite high in the leg though, and im 6'1, just I found it abit short everywhere else.
Though ive only ridden the new model so maybe the 2008 model is different in seat height, doubt it though.

Associate
OP
Aye in Scotland, Aberdeen to be precise so would most likely go through Shirlaws. Tis Rather a sexy bike. I found the CBR600RR to be the most comfortable but the slight shortness of the Daytona wasn't a problem, I'm 6'3", but the Daytona was more fun and a better noise. Gotta love that triple!

I reckon the newer bikes are out of my price range so I'd probably end up getting a 2006 model, either yellow or grey. Although I love that 2008 SE with the gold wheels.

Soldato
Forgot another guy I know had a yellow Daytona the one with the side exhaust and the union Jack. it was larger from what I remember. but never saw them together.

Sorry bit shameless pimping here. Check out www.scottishbikers.co.uk or click on my sig. Its an open forum. generaly just for having a laugh but people are always organising runs. Most established areas are West coast East coast and Aberdeen. but folk dotted around all over. Got a few friends up your way with bikes that I met from.

As for the daytona its a lovely sound. I've been offered a swap of my VFR for a 955i 98 one

Man of Honour
I rode one a few years or so back and I hate to say it felt soooooooo gutless, but that was coming from a then ZX12. Handling made up for it though and I could imagine not much keeping up on the twisties.

Mate on the ZX12 was about a mile back and couldnt keep up :), come the straight bit on way home it got mullered though

Associate
OP
I can see why it wouldn't pull as hard as a 1200 Ninja! But the handling more than makes up for that.

I want a change from the big street-fighter, although I'll have to remember I won't be able to pull off in 4th!

Soldato
Yeah, I test rode one around Bruntingthorpe track when I went there on the ZX9R. The handling was absolutely superb compared to the older ZX9R, but whilst it sounded awesome, the engine was very lacking compared to the Ninja. It was giving away 275cc though I suppose.

I've though about picking up a 600 again, but think I'd miss the grunt too much.

Associate
I'm still more than happy with the speed of my old 600 hornet, I can't even begin to imagine that I'd ever find it lacking in the power department. Horses for courses I guess.

Soldato
Yeah, I test rode one around Bruntingthorpe track when I went there on the ZX9R. The handling was absolutely superb compared to the older ZX9R, but whilst it sounded awesome, the engine was very lacking compared to the Ninja. It was giving away 275cc though I suppose.

I've though about picking up a 600 again, but think I'd miss the grunt too much.

Get another GSXR 750! :D .

Pug

Pug

Soldato

And thats why i couldnt even consider dropping to a small sports bike now. Sort of addicted to the rush of 1L sports bikes now - and my blade is CONSTANTLY impressing me in a new way each time i take it out.

Whilst the Triumph is nice until they do a 1050 Daytona i cant really consider one. As for the OP, enjoy, though i think you'll miss the 1200s grunt! Considered a GSXR750? Destroys all 600s, and lives with the thous

Associate
OP
I think I will miss the grunt but I want a change from Suzuki. And I need to try sporty. I loved my mates SV650, with the beowulf it is easily the best sounding bike out there, but I found the limits rather easy. I think the 675 should be ample for some fair weather riding and commuting outside of ice and snow.

Back
Top Bottom