• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£££ BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND DEALS!! £££

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
You're taking the ray-trace.
I cannot grasp the disrespect given by certain forum members to a man who has devoted his long weekend to giving us Gigabyte (or Zotac) 1080Ti's at a price that will enable us not to sell our cats to a brothel.
Only last week I paid my respects (left some Monster Munch & a half a Caramac bar) at his shrine. The one behind the rough Asda, on the estate.
download_2.jpg

Associate
I wouldn't be buying a 1080P monitor now, personally.

I'd be going for 1440P @ 120+MHz.

I agree, but as it’s a hobby purely for gaming which I use two maybe three times a week. I really don’t want to be spending £400+ on a monitor. However I do want to get the most out of my card.

Associate
I really wouldn’t mind a new monitor, what is a better trade off... 1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz? I lack knowledge in the monitor sector.

If it helps, I play all sorts of games including online FPS where fast response is essential and I went from a 24" TN 1080p@144Hz monitor to an AOC 31.5" VA 1440p@75Hz Freesync monitor and I'm more than happy with my choice :) But I guess it depends what you want/need. I personally couldnt go back to 60Hz which is horrible to use now, but 75Hz is fine for me. I only paid £200 for the AOC and can't believe how good it is for that money - sure, if you spend more you'll get better, but bargains to be had :)

If the LG ultrawide mentioned does 75Hz I'd consider that too. But 1920x1080p or 60Hz are so meh now ;)

Associate
If it helps, I play all sorts of games including online FPS where fast response is essential and I went from a 24" TN 1080p@144Hz monitor to an AOC 31.5" VA 1440p@75Hz Freesync monitor and I'm more than happy with my choice :) But I guess it depends what you want/need. I personally couldnt go back to 60Hz which is horrible to use now, but 75Hz is fine for me. I only paid £200 for the AOC and can't believe how good it is for that money - sure, if you spend more you'll get better, but bargains to be had :)

If the LG ultrawide mentioned does 75Hz I'd consider that too. But 1920x1080p or 60Hz are so meh now ;)

Cheers guys

Man of Honour
Of the two V64's (Powercolour and Gigabyte) which would run quietest at idle and which would be quietest at load? Thanks.

Associate
I agree, but as it’s a hobby purely for gaming which I use two maybe three times a week. I really don’t want to be spending £400+ on a monitor. However I do want to get the most out of my card.
monitors are a long term investment. You can get good deals sometimes.
There was a b stock here 4k 60 ips gsync for 370 pnce, and I picked up a pre order 144hz 1440p va pannel for 220 recently.
Personally I'd wait for masmass deals and get the best you can because the computer graphics are only as good as the display panel

Associate
monitors are a long term investment. You can get good deals sometimes.
There was a b stock here 4k 60 ips gsync for 370 pnce, and I picked up a pre order 144hz 1440p va pannel for 220 recently.
Personally I'd wait for masmass deals and get the best you can because the computer graphics are only as good as the display panel

Tah, I think I’ll hold out for a 1440/144hz panel.

Back
Top Bottom