BA's new boarding policy - I don't understand why people are upset?

Caporegime
Anyone in here part of BA future labs ?

I got invited a few years ago and surprised this wasn’t discussed in there(or I missed it)

Soldato
^ this is very much the case on a lot of flights.

I don't have much sympathy for some people though as their carry on is often way too big, or families take advantage use their kids as one of the baggage allowance. So a whole section of bins is taken up by one family.

I'm gold anyway so glad this doesn't affect me :p

Soldato

I don't have much sympathy for some people though as their carry on is often way too big, or families take advantage use their kids as one of the baggage allowance. So a whole section of bins is taken up by one family.

im one of those who has a big caryr on bag but thats because i bring my pro camera gear with me.

I bet most with large cabin bags just have clothes or other useless items that could have easily been checked in there main luggage.??

Caporegime
OP

eh? - if the kid has a seat on the plane then that shouldn't make any difference - also hardly taking advantage, presumably the kid has a few sets of clothes and maybe a couple of books or games etc..

Soldato
I prefer to be last on board as it's less time to take off and most people are seated by that time, so more space to get my hand luggage up there and get seated. I'm always confident that the plane won't leave without me.

The press like to declare that the country is outraged when in actual fact around a dozen people have tweeted a picture of a sad face.

Yup I always board last I'd rather sit at the gate than on the plane.

I can understand business class getting on first, time for the attendent to take their jackets and bring the single malt but for us Economy plebs what's the advantage to getting on early?

Soldato
im one of those who has a big caryr on bag but thats because i bring my pro camera gear with me.

I bet most with large cabin bags just have clothes or other useless items that could have easily been checked in there main luggage.??

Yes for 30-35 euro each way.... :rolleyes:

Also no wait at the belt for 30 mins on arrival.
Flew easyJet once, never again. It’s like getting the bus except it’s got wings.

Not used budget airlines since.

I had sex once never again she was like a bus with wings.

Not had sex since.

Soldato
I haven't read all the thread but what i expect will happen will be that peasant class will cost the same as economy now and economy will just go up in price

Caporegime
OP
I haven't read all the thread but what i expect will happen will be that peasant class will cost the same as economy now and economy will just go up in price

unlikely, the point of the economy class without checked bags is to compete with budget airlines, they can't do that very well if they stick the prices up by much

Back
Top Bottom