Bass shaker for a racing sim, sound card help

Associate
i currently have on board sound and a Nvidea 1080ti. The on board sound feeds optical to an AV receiver. I now want to add a bass shaker/transducer

I believe to use a bass shaker properly I need some software that has access to another sound cars.

Could I use the 1080ti to supply the signal over hdmi to my receiver and the on board sound to feed the bass shaker?

Soldato
Yes that should work fine. I was using my oculus rift for audio and my onboard audio for my buttkicker. Was using simshaker wheels to control the transducer it's an excellent peice of software. https://andres.shop/software/21-simshaker-wheels.html
I got rid of my buttkicker though because of the unwanted vibrations it caused and I bought a jetseat 908 instead, I was so glad I did it's sooo much better than a buttkicker.

Associate
OP
I have had a bit of a play.

Y theory works however I am not sure I can put up with the fact my av receiver is now another monitor and plays havoc with icons.

I do not a free slot for another sound car but understand there are usb sound cards. However as this is a bit of an experiment don’t want to spend too much. Any reccomendations re usb sound card

Back
Top Bottom