Batch resaving - advanced input

Associate
Looking for an advanced batch image processing tool with two very specific requirements.

1 - Can work recursively through a very large & very nested folder structure.
2 - Input options, is able to ignore files under a certain file size.

Struggling with the second one for sure :-/.
The end goal I need is to simply resave as smaller filesize jpegs, to slash overall size at least in half.
Somewhere in the region of at least 250k images to deal with.

Anyone got any pointers?

thx Jay

Associate
I’ve used a program called Advanced JPEG compressor for many years to batch compress images before uploading. I’m not sure if it can traverse nested Folders though, as I only ever use it on a single directory at a time.

it can resize images and offers customisable level of compression including lossless.

Associate
A read online suggests irfanview has a strong batch conversion process that can handle recursive directory reading / saving.
I’m not sure about selecting image size as a option though.

Edit:
I installed it, and tried it ... at first glance it'll drill down through subdirectories and find all images, and I think it can either re-write over existing, or export to new directories.
It seems to work by scanning the directories and creating a txt file list of all the files you want to convert, then once your happy with the list, it'll churn through it.
It doesn't seem to be able to filter by size though, when you create the list.

However, it does have an option to import a txt file list of things you want to convert.

So it might be possible by other means to generate a .txt file of images and directories which are bigger than the size you want, then import that list and run it.

Last edited:
Soldato
This CMD command will write the name and path of all jpgs into a text file ordered by size. While it's a bit bodgy you can then search for a file that's on the cusp and delete anything listed before.

Code:
dir /B /S /o:s *.jpg > textfile.txt

Back
Top Bottom