Battery drain with iOS 10.3

Soldato
Hi guys,

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing mad battery drain with iOS 10.3? I've got an iPhone 6.

It's 10 AM, and I've sent about 5 texts, and I'm on 71% battery! What the hell!!

Just wanting to vent to be honest.

dirtychinchilla

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

No, I've had no problems with 10.3 on my 6S. The betas are always a nightmare, but the full releases have been brilliant.

Soldato
Yes my air 2 was using more battery than normal. I just swiped closed everything, must haven been an app on mine. I do use some old ones.

Soldato
Have you checking in the Battery section of the Setting app to see what's using the battery up? If there is a particular app then kill it off..if not then try a hard reboot.

Caporegime
Have you checking in the Battery section of the Setting app to see what's using the battery up? If there is a particular app then kill it off..if not then try a hard reboot.

Sound advice. I have two "problem apps" that between them use up 50% of the battery time if I leave them running.

Associate
Any chance you have Apple Watch?

I was having issues with battery draining fast until I unpaired my Apple Watch (so I can sell it) then the battery life significantly improved.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I gave up on the betas a long time ago. I value my phone way too much, and too many of the betas just kill the battery.

Soldato
OP
The Apple Store "diagnosed" it for me. Fat lot of help they were. When the next proper iOS gets released I'll be going in there to get a new phone as I don't accept that they can just screw your battery like that and get away with it.

Associate
More often than not, it's not Apple (really why would they do this?) but an app somewhere that isn't behaving as it should after an OS upgrade.

Perhaps your phone is indexing/uploading something. Dunno, just throwing out suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom