*** Battlefield 1 ***

Well that was bizarre playing operations and the airship just instantly explodes at start of the round twice in a row :eek: needless to say our team lost badly :(

Damn that sucks, only ever saw it explode instantly on one round :p Also dont get in a plane at the start of the game, there was (unless fixed) a bug where you would just fall out of bounds without a plane spawned.

Damn that sucks, only ever saw it explode instantly on one round :p Also dont get in a plane at the start of the game, there was (unless fixed) a bug where you would just fall out of bounds without a plane spawned.

Can confirm that bug is still not fixed, happened to me this morning :rolleyes:

Watched a mate stream the campaign yesterday and loved the War Stories approach. DICE could have stretched it much more, included Naval Warfare, co-op and better AI and it would have been a master piece. So based on that the campaign/Interactive movie gets a solid 7/10.

Last edited:
So you rank up to class level 3 for unlocks then you have to wait for rank 10 to get another (and last one). =/ Well thought out system.

Anyone else noticing the end round board of players is barely ever displaying anymore?

This does seem like a total afterthought by dice I mean one class in bf4 has more weapons than the whole of bf1 classes together.Okay I understand ww1 you are going to struggle for variety but this game is hardly a simulation so they could have just made it up. While the core game play rocks it could effect longevity.

Has anyone noticed some ropy frame rates on certain maps? The names escape me at the moment but one of them was a fairly well lit town and the other was two bunker installation near the base of a mountain.

Its a fairly noticeable dip. Any one else spotted this and worked out a solution?

My 1070 eats this alive otherwise.

TT

Has anyone noticed some ropy frame rates on certain maps? The names escape me at the moment but one of them was a fairly well lit town and the other was two bunker installation near the base of a mountain.

Its a fairly noticeable dip. Any one else spotted this and worked out a solution?

TT

have you got a i5 by any chance ?

people with i5 and below are reporting big fps drops yet on i7s and above the fps seems fine.

TT

I have frame drops like I'm walking through treacle and juddering with my i5-2500k @ 4.5, gtx 1080, 16gb ram on a couple of maps, Monte Grappa and Amiens, the other maps are nice and smooth, its not like there is more happening on these maps and I don't get slow down if there is a lot of action. Hopefully its a bug that will be fixed soon

TT

No issues here, sounds like Monte Grappa and maybe Amiens/Ballroom Blitz but pretty consistent framerates across the board.

Are you playing DX11 or DX12? Nvidia users are better off with DX11, no visual difference and I'm getting higher fps in 11.

HA! Yes, its those exact 2 Maps! Amiens and Mount Grappa!

I use Windows 7 so I assume I can't use DX12 anyway, I will update my drivers to the latest just in case (there not that old anyway, but better safe than sorry).

And yeah I do have an I5. Seems odd though.

I heard something about an option that's enabled by default about Graphics Memory Management and disabling it?

If you are getting FPS drops try limiting your fps.

I have a 6600k at 4.7GHz and was sitting at 100% CPU usage all the time.

I've limited my FPS to 85 and now I get pretty constant 85 fps withoutnthe occasional dips.

Cpu usage sits at around 85% now.

Command you need is:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 85

Make a user.cfg in your BF1 directory and insert the command.

HA! Yes, its those exact 2 Maps! Amiens and Mount Grappa!

I use Windows 7 so I assume I can't use DX12 anyway, I will update my drivers to the latest just in case (there not that old anyway, but better safe than sorry).

And yeah I do have an I5. Seems odd though.

I heard something about an option that's enabled by default about Graphics Memory Management and disabling it?

Yes you might want to disable gpu memory restriction under advanced settings for video.

Cannot wait till my Core i5 comes in... Still.. teh Pentium G3258 handles single player very well so far... 40+fps on medium settings at 1080p.

Conquest is unplayable though on the little dual core.

Single player till thursday when the delivery man comes a knockin'

After receiving a T20 Dell at weekend II tempted if cashback offer extended to buy another for a gaming system for kids

After cashback the system worked out as 250 for a quad core Xeon, 8gb ram and a 1tb hdd

Add a 150 quid 1050ti and job done :)

Back
Top Bottom