*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
Any game where one or two people aren't racking up insane kill numbers is fine. So pretty much enjoying this a lot still and now level 65 (and don't think I've flown a plane once and have only just discovered how tanks 'tokens' work -and spent a ton of money on the other tank types).

Soldato
I've racked up just over 400 hours so far which is mostly to do with there being no other games that particularly interest me at the moment.

Soldato
They won't stop until none of the guns give you an advantage over another.

That's not entirely the case, as Marble Duck pointed out, there are deliberately some serious "skill cannons" in the game, but they are very hard to use effectively, so they're really more of a DICE troll.

The Medic's autoloading 8 .35 is a good example in that it out damages (for the purpose of TTK) just about every other weapon in the game out to a medium distance. It's only got a mag for 5 rounds though, and most kills from 100% will take 3 shots, so not only do you need the accuracy of an aimbot, but you also need acute situational awareness otherwise you'll always be reloading at the wrong time.

The model 10 slug is also considered an OP skill cannon in the right hands, but if you have a habit of not getting your shots just right, you'll be caught short (It's a single projectile which makes it essentially a hip fired sniper rifle for assault). I think it's getting a buff too..

Most of the rest of the weapons fill overlapping niches and are reasonably balanced for their intended ranges.

Associate
Something that's been doing my head in for a while now, if I try to join a game and party through origin, it says I have to quit my game and try again, when I am not in a game. Anyone else get this and figured it out??

Last edited:
Associate
I bought this game a few days ago and after it finally downloaded I have to say this is the worst Battlefield game I have played to date.

1. The very first game I joined there was an aimbot. So that's my first game ruined. What's worse is this person could not be kicked, nor could they be reported in game. I had to go onto Origin and search his profile to report him.
  2. Most of the maps I have played seem very one sided and once you get a foothold in a major objective in conquest that's it, game over.
  3. Leaving games takes an excruciatingly long time for some reason. Sometimes it takes so long that I end up being placed in the next game! I don't understand why it isn't instant.
  4. The same time joining them. It took so long to join my last game I had enough time to go downstairs and make a sandwich and it still hadn't loaded.
  5. Plenty of times I've seen player models glitch. I have most commonly seen this in the form of players being stood there who don't exist. So a lot of the time I end up dying because I aim for the wrong person.
  6. Maybe I'm just poo at this game and I'm ready to accept that fact but most of the games I've played I've lost because I always end up on teams that don't have a clue what they're doing or how to play the game mode properly. My win rate at this moment in time is 7% and I've played a few games.
It's a shame because it is the best Battlefield game I have played by far for the atmosphere and experience while playing it.

If I could get a refund I would but I bought it off G2A.

Associate
Damn.
1. That's just damn unlucky. I don't think I've seen anyone overtly cheating in any of my games.
2. A few maps are exactly this and exasperating. But the other ones more than make up for it.
3. It's a massive pain. I tend to alt-F4 out of a game and reload it as it's quicker!
4. Agree. Annoying
5. Again not something I've come across ever (well lag but not overt glitches)
6. Teams help. If you want, join us lot and team up.

Hope you stick with it. For me it swings from rage inducing (as I do normally with anything online) to absolutely the best game ever.

Soldato
GBRusty;30483232 said:
6. Teams help. If you want, join us lot and team up.

Unless he/she knows you already they'll find that difficult as your orgin name isn't listed in the google doc of OcUK players in the OP, and there's no mention in your sig.. ;)

Soldato
I started going through a real rough patch on this game over the weekend where I was getting two deaths per kill, when I'm normally three or four kills per death. I've not played a lot of multiplayer FPS games on PC so I don't have much experience of aiming and stuff like that, but my aim was really awful during this bad spell. Anyway, I ended up googling aim sensitivity and realised that my mouse sensitivity of 2500dpi was way, way too high for FPS games.

I've since knocked it down to 1000dpi and increased the FOV to horizontal 90 and both changes have made an enormous difference. I'm now at 30+ kills most games and at worst normally 10 deaths and back to absolutely loving playing it.

Caporegime
nicktay2605;30485313 said:
I started going through a real rough patch on this game over the weekend where I was getting two deaths per kill, when I'm normally three or four kills per death. I've not played a lot of multiplayer FPS games on PC so I don't have much experience of aiming and stuff like that, but my aim was really awful during this bad spell. Anyway, I ended up googling aim sensitivity and realised that my mouse sensitivity of 2500dpi was way, way too high for FPS games.

I've since knocked it down to 1000dpi and increased the FOV to horizontal 90 and both changes have made an enormous difference. I'm now at 30+ kills most games and at worst normally 10 deaths and back to absolutely loving playing it.

people playing at stupid dpi is often the most common cause for bad fps playing.

most good decent players will use really low dpi.i always use 400.most i know use 400-450.then maybe toggle in vehicles or whatever.

Soldato
Having fun with my current assault troll loadout.

Loadout:
Model 10 hunter
(any pistol you like)
AT rocket gun
AT mines
gas grenades
(any melee).

You can storm any building or trench by lobbing in the gas grenades and then going in fast with the shotgun. Occupants will be forced to either flee/don GM or die. Shotgun works best for hip fire anyway.

AT mines to be left somewhere tanks are very likely to go, but make sure they're in a shadow or shell scrape to give them a better chance (Put some just to the left of a gate in a wall last night on D flag (St Q's Scar), pretty sure a tank would burst through the wall there and low and behold 5 bang.)

Counter sniping snipers with the AT rocket is much fun, apparently they can be used against vehicles too! :D

Soldato
HazardO;30486759 said:
Having fun with my current assault troll loadout.

Loadout:
Model 10 hunter
(any pistol you like)
AT rocket gun
AT mines
gas grenades
(any melee).

You can storm any building or trench by lobbing in the gas grenades and then going in fast with the shotgun. Occupants will be forced to either flee/don GM or die. Shotgun works best for hip fire anyway.

AT mines to be left somewhere tanks are very likely to go, but make sure they're in a shadow or shell scrape to give them a better chance (Put some just to the left of a gate in a wall last night on D flag (St Q's Scar), pretty sure a tank would burst through the wall there and low and behold 5 bang.)

Counter sniping snipers with the AT rocket is much fun, apparently they can be used against vehicles too! :D

AKA my normal Assault layout :p though i would always take Anti-Tank grenade and lob in buildings too :D

Associate
Frustratingly banned by FairFight yesterday. Not played for a week but when I hopped into an operations game I was booted before I could spawn and banned for 1 week (1 Week Suspension - LvL3 Monitoring Active #o3Z82z).

I've not cheated or exploited and my stats are not even anything impressive. Account has not been hacked either.

EA support is useless. Firstly contacted live chat and they said to post in a forum thread about the issue (which was closed) and then they said I should Google it...

Then later sent an appeal to [email protected] using the correct format and simply got a email saying

Dear Customer,

A Terms of Service message will follow shortly regarding your EA Origin account.

Regards,
EA Terms of Service

Thanks EA!

Not heard anything further yet.

Always heard of false positives regarding FairFight due to the fact that it bans based on statistical analysis but never really thought anything of it. Sent EA another email though I'm not holding my breath as their support seems clueless. Hopefully it wont happen again after the suspension is lifted and hopefully my stats are not reset...

Back
Top Bottom