*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
So many tanks
This is my main dislike of BF1, that tanks and planes seem to run riot much more than in BF4 (inb4 go play COD). Yes, you would have good pilots etc in BF4, but at least there was some AA, I haven't even seen AA in BF1?! Maybe that many conquest flags are so open, but never remember getting ganked so easily by vehicles before... Think I just need to adapt

You talking about the new expansion?
Two maps!
4 maps dude

Associate
Enjoying the 2 inf new maps, one of the other new maps (not sure on name) just has too many tanks running riot for my liking tbh - seems to be a much bigger issue than in older bf's :(

Edit: Oops only just seen post before me said exactly the same that it's a bigger issue than BF4 :p

Soldato
This is my main dislike of BF1, that tanks and planes seem to run riot much more than in BF4 (inb4 go play COD). Yes, you would have good pilots etc in BF4, but at least there was some AA, I haven't even seen AA in BF1?! Maybe that many conquest flags are so open, but never remember getting ganked so easily by vehicles before... Think I just need to adapt

4 maps dude

No AA? There's loads of AA canons located around the maps.

I enjoyed the new maps but remain a bit confused about the Frontlines mode. Every time we captured a flag, we went onto the next on then as soon as we got there it said the enemy was capturing our flag, so back we went. This carried on until I got utterly frustrated and quit! Either I aren't understanding it properly or its rubbish!

I must be blind then! Will have a search next time I play one of the open maps

There are a few AA guns around the maps often next to the flags. You will find a few issues with them. Firstly the bomber can do a full fly-over taking full hit damage and survive. You won't. The fighters take far less damage, but a good pilot will know the AA positions and either stay clear or come up and blind-side you. Again you die.

To be fair I don't mind a good pilot getting me, but its daft when a paper bomber can take so much damage.

edit: just looking at patch notes and they actually did it they nerfed the useless AA:

• Reduced impact damage to planes by 50% for fighters and attack planes and by 40% for bombers

Last edited:
Associate
edit: just looking at patch notes and they actually did it they nerfed the useless AA:

• Reduced impact damage to planes by 50% for fighters and attack planes and by 40% for bombers

You've got to be kidding right?

First they massively buff the bomber hp and now they nerf pretty much the only counter for it presumably because the fighters/attack planes die too easily. The AA guns take absolutely ages to respawn as well and can't be repaired if destroyed.

Also while we're here, Rockets should be a one hit kill (or at least disable) a plane too imo - if I manage to go prone and hit a plane it deserves to die, not take 20 damage (or so) and keep flying.

Associate
Loving the new maps, got 108K in one game (Squad boost and medal), main thing i have noticed is it either seems to a massacre or very very close, no in between ground

Associate
The AA nerf is pretty mental as when I'm shooting at pro pilots I struggle to finish them off now let alone with a 50% damage reduction. However, it may help filthy casuals fly more often :)

Soldato
There are a few AA guns around the maps often next to the flags. You will find a few issues with them. Firstly the bomber can do a full fly-over taking full hit damage and survive. You won't. The fighters take far less damage, but a good pilot will know the AA positions and either stay clear or come up and blind-side you. Again you die.

To be fair I don't mind a good pilot getting me, but its daft when a paper bomber can take so much damage.

Got a link to patch notes? Can't find them anywhere

Soldato
Are there any specific servers you guys play on ? Would be good to play with some ppl in a squad, my friends don't play battlefield games anymore so just me :(

Add me on origin :), IRoofTyler

For others first page of this thread is the BF1 soliders excel sheet. Add yourself to that and add others from it too.

I mainly play conquest/domination myself.

Thanks, some odd game play balances there. Especially that AA gun

I think the AA nerf came from CTE. When it was first rumoured EA BF1 forums pretty much exploded and most people said it was a stupid idea including many that spend hours in the air. DICE ignore it and introduce it anyway.

No surprise as DICE have never been able to balance air power and have for whatever reason a bit of a thing for it. I still wake up with cold sweats from bf1942.

Associate
Looking some guys to squad up with for the new maps, keep getting absolute retard teammates. Looked in the OC_UK Discord also, but couldn't really find anything. TL_Venom is my Origin.

Back
Top Bottom