Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
Think about it people jeeeez, metro in BF4 could be amazing. Let me just put a scenario out there....SO the metro is unchanged, ok maybe one less flag, then we get the outside grassy area AND roads / buildings above the metro making it larger yet at the same time for competitive 5vs5 etc we can still use the BF3 layout.

At least that's what I see in my dreams, reality tho will be quite different. It'll actually just be 1 flag in the middle of the locker rooms with spawn point at each end of the lockers.

all they have to do with metro is widen the escalators to like ten lanes or make another entrance and also widen. thats it.

Soldato
Be interested to see what effect Latency has as well CAS7 1600 vs Cas 11 2400 for example.

Edit...Setter, a company fudging the results / focusing on silly specifics to sell more product...never :D

My AMD 6 core is obviously much faster than your mere 4 core Intel CPU..It has 2 more cores.......

Last edited:
Caporegime
Be interested to see what effect Latency has as well CAS7 1600 vs Cas 11 2400 for example.

Edit...Setter, a company fudging the results / focusing on silly specifics to sell more product...never :D

My AMD 6 core is obviously much faster than your mere 4 core Intel CPU..It has 2 more cores.......
Look, ive told you before. Your not getting my 4770k, tbh you wouldnt want the hassle. Albeit though it would help save on heating bills.:D

In the beta i had my ram at 2133mhz, 9-10-10-21, couldnt notice any difference in benches i ran with it at stock 1600mhz 9-9-9-24. I have thought about buying 2400mhz ram as it runs great on haswell, but it would only be an epeen upgrade.

Associate
Metro is a pretty good map with smaller numbers. With any more than 30 it turns into either a stalemate in ticket hall, or one team ends up base raping the other. The main deployment points in conquest are way too close to the first flags. The rush version of metro was fun though.

sorry setter Metro was a bad map, and so too was Seine Crossing.

I think the problem wasn't necessarily with the maps, just Dice messed (ahem) about with the gameplay. I hated the maps too though

Last edited:
Soldato
Metro and Seine are AWESOME!!! The problem is pubbing...everyone on your team is a n00b and has no clue most of the time (well not for me, I play with mates). The players ruin the maps more than the maps themselves..then there are also fast spawn servers (spawn of the devil)

on that note..haven't played Metro in 3 weeks...Time for some nom nom "point farming"

Last edited:
Caporegime
I only disliked metro on 64 player conquest, far too many players for that game mode in such a small area. Seine and bazzar were pretty ok maps for me. But again the main deployments were too close to the first capture flags. All too often it becames impossible to get out of spawn.

Also as stated above, theese were mainly issues with pub games were too many players were running about concentrating on their k/d ratio and not playing to objectives. For me yes, battlefield means large open expanses as we seen in bf2 and bc2. On a side note, just saw bf4 advertised on telly tonight for the first time, looks so good when you see some of the other maps on a big screen. May invest in a wireless keyboard and mouse and game from the comfort of my armchair.:D

Soldato
I've been so caught up in GTA V that I never played the beta. In fact I've not played a PC game since I completed my last game a month or so ago.

Quick question; does BF4 run pretty much the same as BF3, performance wise?

Caporegime
It's a pretty demanding game yes, last bench i ran resulted in.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
14350, 180000, 49, 132, 79.722

Though the beta was supposedly a pretty old build. Took three patches from dice to get it running to a decent standard. Settings were ultra, x2 msaa at 1920x1200.

Associate
Interesting read about the memory speed providing a noticeable boost in frame rates.

I'm guessing that going to the X79 platform with quad channel memory could potentially provide even more of an increase to frame rates.

Associate
Metro and Seine are AWESOME!!! The problem is pubbing...everyone on your team is a n00b and has no clue most of the time (well not for me, I play with mates). The players ruin the maps more than the maps themselves..then there are also fast spawn servers (spawn of the devil)

on that note..haven't played Metro in 3 weeks...Time for some nom nom "point farming"

haha enough said. how can you not play a map for 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom