BBC are about to axe the tv show "The Sky ayt Night

The problem with the current format is it's 30 minutes a month which isn't long enough.

IMO it needs to be weekly.

I really can't believe that this programme costs a lot of money to make. I also think the current presenters are really good surely Chris Lintott is on course for a professorship at some point?

Signed but I fear the worst.
Perhaps they should spice it up by adding a judging panel and a telephone vote.

Week on week, month by month the BBC begins to look more like ITV and I can't remember a time when I watched so little on there.

The problem with the current format is it's 30 minutes a month which isn't long enough.

IMO it needs to be weekly.

I really can't believe that this programme costs a lot of money to make. I also think the current presenters are really good surely Chris Lintott is on course for a professorship at some point?

I think monthly is fine... But a longer episode would be welcome.

They should change it up a bit, it would be nice to have a more general space show. Rather than just astronomy, have research, latest launches etc.

Haven't watched it in years, but if its still the same, it really could do with updating.

How can anyone not like the music..

Let's be honest the people that don't watch this are hardly going have an appreciation of the arts

Me too although I would watch it if it were on at a decent time :(

BBC science and documentaries used to be world renowned such a loss :(

There is an amazing piece of new tech out there call the iPlayer - Google it if you have heard of Google.

I had no idea...they better not cancel it!

Sad to say, as I loved him, but I don't think it has gotten any worse since Sir Patrick left tbh. I personally don't think it needs any tinkering with at all imo.

I had no idea...they better not cancel it!

Sad to say, as I loved him, but I don't think it has gotten any worse since Sir Patrick left tbh. I personally don't think it needs any tinkering with at all imo.

He never quite seemed 100% over his last years. But he was part of the foundations of the show, and it will never quite be the same... That said, I think the show is still perfect at what it attempts to do...

To be honest I think Sky at Night has run over its time, I think losing Sir P was the final blow. I think with new science shows with people like Brian Cox, the S@N became redundant; the annual Stargazing live gets far more people into astronomy than S@N has been :(

I just hope they replace it with something better :)

Brian Cox talks to the audience as if they're children. I cannot stand watching him.

The Sky at Night is one of the few remaining scientific programmes that, although not solely aimed at astronomy aficionados, is sufficiently complex to be intellectually challenging. It's never relied on overly loud orchestral scores or simplistic and condescending analogies (usually with cheesy CGI) to convey concepts.

Signed the petition (then it asked me for money - the cheek!).

To be honest I think Sky at Night has run over its time, I think losing Sir P was the final blow. I think with new science shows with people like Brian Cox, the S@N became redundant; the annual Stargazing live gets far more people into astronomy than S@N has been :(

I just hope they replace it with something better :)

And youtube.
Just need someone to combine and filter the youtube channels into a single program with opinions and discussion. And rather than just astronomy make a general space program.

Or perhaps people would just stick to youtube anyway.

The Sky at Night is one of the few remaining scientific programmes that, although not solely aimed at astronomy aficionados, is sufficiently complex to be intellectually challenging. It's never relied on overly loud orchestral scores or simplistic and condescending analogies (usually with cheesy CGI) to convey concepts.

Signed the petition (then it asked me for money - the cheek!).

+1

I find Brian Cox absolutely fine myself :)

Just don't understand how the BBC can fund "That Puppet Game Show" and not find a fraction of that budget for S@N which is absolutely the type of programming we pay it to produce!

Back
Top Bottom