Be my e-mail to 8Ball!

Soldato
What t-shirt is this then so I can see you when I get there :p?

Edit: And I hope it's not a Tool t-shirt. The whole point of wearing band t-shirts to gigs is to show off your fine underground music taste within the relevant scene of the gig you are going to :D

Soldato
8Ball said:
I am going on the basis that it is unexpected for that tee to be out of stock. So the likelihood is it will be quite soon, probably in time for your gig…

Dear 8Ball

Thankyou for your humorous response to my enquiry. Utilising my words in order to formulate a response was extremely witty. However, i had my funny bone removed and appreciation of wit severed at a young age when a company did not give me an appropriate answer in relation to the order of a t-shirt. Coincidence it is not that i am in such a situation again.

If you would be so kind as to formulate an actual reply to my enquiry containing an actual date. Unfortunately i have already told a lot of my friends about the situation so your business is getting a bad reputation in its key market audience, but naturally i was disgruntled at the inadequacy you displayed. I am sure you understand.

I look forward to receiving my t-shirt as soon as possible. Although, i have ordered the same t-shirt from your direct competition and whichever one i prefer more i will keep. The other will be sent back. Im sure the speed of delivery and quality of goods will play a large factor in my own and the many persons at the gigs i go to (aka your market) towards brand loyalty in the future.

Good day.

Soldato
Dear 8Ball

I am sorry to inform you that I refuse to accept your reply without solid proof to back up your argument and I want to see links to unbiased sources to prove the T-shirt will be in stock before the gig as I don't usually deal with people who make unsupported comments or make things up on a whim.

If you want to make a usefull contribution to this T-shirt discussion then you need to make yourself less open to misinterpretation and stop sullying my inbox with your ill thought out flames.

If you refuse to reply to my e-mail in the manner I suggest then I will be forced to subject you to a barrage of quasi-philosophical psycobabble that your brain will be unable to understand showing the world what a fool you are.

Yours sincerely,

CBS

:p

Man of Honour
cleanbluesky said:
I am going on the basis that it is unexpected for that tee to be out of stock. So the likelihood is it will be quite soon, probably in time for your gig…

Dear 8Ball,

I appreciate your candid if somewhat indifferent reply however if I wished to deal in fanciful notions I would apply for political office rather than continue a conversation by email. Could your feigned indifference really be disguising some acute trauma leading back to childhood which makes you incapable of forming an emotional bond with anyone?* If it would not be too much trouble could you see your way clear to contacting your supplier and informing me of the expected date of delivery. I would so hate to be an inconvenience in what must be a highly trying business packing up t-shirts and sending them off to paying customers.

Yours in anticipation

CBS.

*NB this isn't strictly necessary but I just wanted to throw in a baseless insinuation about their mental condition.

Soldato
Dear 8ball, I must tell you now that I am very well endowed, and have a short temper. You have one of two options:

1) Give me a decent answer to my first question, I want a delivery date, not your smart comments.

2) Don't give me an answer but suffer me coming over and taking advantage of you.

Soldato
Hmm, perhaps every single person from this forum, should spam him, and demand that he gives you, your t-shirt? He'll be forced into submission :p

As for the reply - Not really sure tbh, some of the suggestions so far have been pretty good :)

Hope you get it on time :)

Associate
prob·a·bly (prb-bl)
adv.
easy to believe on the basis of available evidence.

b***ll***s
adv.
botch, bumble, fumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub.

Permabanned
Dear 8-ball,

Many thanks for your reply to my previous email. Firstly, let me thank you for the promptness of your response. As you can appreciate, the possibility of not receiving the said t-shirt by the time of the gig has put me under a great deal of emotional pressure. You will therefore forgive the directness of my previous correspondence in wishing to ascertain an exact date that the goods will arrive - On reflection I realise it is wholly unfair to expect an e-tailer such as your good selves to maintain a decent level of contact with your suppliers regarding expected delivery times.

I admit that the timing of the familiar chime of an email arriving in Outlook was initially was greeted as a mild annoyance by myself, having been in the process of participating in a particularly satisfactory dump. On return however, annoyance swiftly moved to a warm feeling of comfort and relief as I saw what I was sure would be an email containing a 'cast iron' date for when I could expect the goods to arrive. I opened the message fully anticipating a comprehensive answer addressing the salient points of my previous correspondence, perhaps even the 'gold at the end of a rainbow' in the world of internet sales that is the Royal Mail tracking number.

You can therefore imagine my surprise when I read the contents of your reply. My initial reaction was that perhaps a child on work experience had replied before a member of your retail sales department had cast their professional eye over it. I am well aware that this week is a popular time for reputable companies such as yourselves to welcome the Burberry wearing failures of New Labours educational policy, unfortunately this did not seem to be the case. So, to the response itself. It is "unexpected" for that particular t-shirt to out of stock. "Unexpected" is not a word that should be common place for internet retailers. "Unexpected" is a word more accustomed to in situations involving handshakes with senior members of the clergy with joke buzzers. It is not the kind of word traditionally associated with retailers whose websites assure us they are at the cut and thrust of supply chain management. Surely on the release of a new album and tour, the Neanderthals in your warehouse are able to notice that the stock levels of certain band shirts are dropping while smoking their Lambert & Butlers and scratching their asses. Is it too much to expect the message to be passed through the levels of bureaucracy of 8-ball to your purchasing team, who in turn can take a break from playing that penguin game on the internet and order new stocks before your supplies are dwindled?

In addition, the word "Probably" set alarm bells ringing. "Probably" is not a word that instils me with confidence. Imagine Churchill in our darkest hour trying to bring a sense of euphoria to the nation. "We will fight them on the beaches, we shall fight them in the streets.... we shall PROBABLY never surrender". It is recognised that this speech was designed to draw the USA into the war, and I do grant you they about a punctual in major world conflicts as your delivery estimates, but this is no excuse.

In short, I would be grateful for a slightly more detailed reply stating exactly when you intend fulfil the duties of what you laughingly describe yourselves as an e-tailer and post the merchandise.

Love & kisses,

CBS

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hmmm. My t-shirt was shipped the day after the Tool concert. I turns out that 8Ball is owned by Loudclothing, who are in turn an official merchandiser.

I smell shenanigans. I'm going to e-mail them back asking if they were vague as they only intended to ship directly after the concert, anyone have any idea how I find out who loudclothing are owned by?

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
anyone have any idea how I find out who loudclothing are owned by?

Google...and I dont mean google it the way things are going they will own most things by 2020 :p

Seriously... Loudclothing is the trading name for Completely Independent Distribution, might help.

Back
Top Bottom