Be Quiet straight power 11 cables sticky

Associate
I've been in IT a long time and seen many things. Tonight I took a PC out of storage after a year and found that the PSU cables have a sticky what looks like sweat around every heat shrink both end of each cable. No other cable has anything nor any other PC that was stored along side it.
It was stored in a garage in a very large flight chest with 6 other PCs.

I assume its a failure of some sort or degrading of the rubber type material but this is maybe 2 or 3 years old, I guess without looking. Anyone got an idea what is going on and if the cables are no longer safe to use?

I will post pictures shortly if it helps

Associate
OP
Here are some photos

20220630-222906.jpg

20220630-222955.jpg

Associate
OP
Is it actually sticky or are you just describing how it looks?
Sticky, not oily feeling. I unplugged the ssd to replace it and it got on my fingers, you can see the 2nd picture where I have scuffed the liquid.

So my concern is 1st is it safe, I assume so but thought I'd ask people's opinion here. 2nd should I wipe it off and forget about. 3rd do I need to contact Be Quite to replace the cables.

It's a HP Z210 with a E5 2680 v2 and 152GB memory, just a bit of a toy. It's my unraid server so after I have finished faffing with it it's likely to be on 24/7.

Man of Honour
Sticky, not oily feeling. I unplugged the ssd to replace it and it got on my fingers, you can see the 2nd picture where I have scuffed the liquid.

So my concern is 1st is it safe, I assume so but thought I'd ask people's opinion here. 2nd should I wipe it off and forget about. 3rd do I need to contact Be Quite to replace the cables.

It's a HP Z210 with a E5 2680 v2 and 152GB memory, just a bit of a toy. It's my unraid server so after I have finished faffing with it it's likely to be on 24/7.
It's safe imo .

Wipe it off see if any come back.

Email be quiet if your unsure see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom