Beast Of Nature | ITX Scratch build in wood!

Associate
Looking great. As much as I love 3D printing, for any visible parts you should get your designs laser cut (or milled) from metal (brass would go great with this build!) or acrylic. Whatever works best. Would be a tidier finish. You can use the printing for prototyping.

Associate
OP
loving this, now this is modifying lol
Glad you like it :D

Looking great. As much as I love 3D printing, for any visible parts you should get your designs laser cut (or milled) from metal (brass would go great with this build!) or acrylic. Whatever works best. Would be a tidier finish. You can use the printing for prototyping.
Thank you, aluminum would be my go to but without a CNC and my printer dialed in, its just way to easy to go with 3d printed parts ;);)

Associate
You can obviously design parts in CAD well. It's not too hard to find local companies who will mill or laser cut what you want. You can always approach a prototype supplier in china too, for cost saving. I'm sure there are guys on this forum who can recommend some suppliers / fabricators. Some may even be willing to do the work for you, for an agreed price of course.

Associate
that's outstanding, so clean
i would love to be able to do my own wooden case
i love wood, wood and brass are my favourite materials, i tend to use them everywhere i can in the house
id love to get a case built from wood in the future

really love it, well done, thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom