Beautiful singer, amazing voice, and simply sensational song !

Soldato
Right my hot tip of the moment. You all saw 'everybodys gone to war' with that cool video of a mass food fight in the supermarket..... by miss nerina pallot.

Here is her new song 'sophia' which is the most beautiful song *FULL STOP*,and probably the best song on the album. Get it for yourself, and make your bird listen to it too :D

n.b. the album version is purely with the piano and voice, but after seeing this vid for the first time on 'bliss' this afternoon, i think both are cracking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YSTYCU64q8&mode=related&search=

Permabanned
So she's followed up what was possibly the most pretentious song of all time with...a generic ballad.

Who didn't see that one coming?

Sorry, dude - she could be any one of a thousand different women. Nothing special.

*n

Soldato
OP
OMG your all soo harsh.

Well i was caught up in the moment last night regarding this song, and my best song on the album comment. 'idaho' is awesome and i would put 'geek love' and 'My king' above sophia. Everybodys gone to war is just far too catchy and she looks hot in the video :D

My favourite female artist is imogen heap, who is heaps ( :rolleyes: ) above nerina pallot in terms of her writing skills. But ive gotta say that their arn;t that many decent female singers producing music better than pallot's atm. For example, ive had enough of norah jones and here mundane sound.

Any recommendations for other female singers i should audition ?

Last edited:
Associate
Not that great.

For female artists I prefer Jewel (Pieces Of You is a fine album), Edie Brickell, Suzanne Vega and Nora Jones.

Suspended
My favourite female singer/songwriters:

Vashti Bunyan
Joanna Newsom
Regina Spektor
Cat Power
CocoRosie
Isobel Campbell

There was also some chick who did a cover of Straight Outta Compton by NWA, and who I thought had the most beautiful voice ever, but I can never remember her name. :(

Soldato
Actually its quite good, but it is over-produced American pop.

Would be a lot better with just a piano and less-produced vocals. That could actually be an excellent song, were it not way overproduced...

The basics of it are excellent, its spoilt

Soldato
I agree that it does sound a little bland. Couldn't get into it.

Arcade Fire said:
Vashti Bunyan
Joanna Newsom
Regina Spektor
Cat Power
CocoRosie
Isobel Campbell
Thumbs up for the fine taste
icon14.gif
. Though I do find the vocals in CocoRosie to be a bit grating at times (a little bit like The Shining's 'redrum... redrum' in parts) and haven't completely got the thing with Regina Spektor. Still, would suit me as a Desert Island Disc. Emiliana Torrini's most recent work is excellent too, and not forgetting the ubiquitous Bjork.

Associate
Arcade Fire said:

Vashti Bunyan
Joanna Newsom
Regina Spektor
Cat Power
CocoRosie
Isobel Campbell

There was also some chick who did a cover of Straight Outta Compton by NWA, and who I thought had the most beautiful voice ever, but I can never remember her name. :(

I havnt heard of any of those, but my favourite is defiantely Faith Hill.

Back
Top Bottom