became an admin for a facebook group, but I can't belive this

I run my own group, only 7.8K members (But it is hobby and extremely niche of that hobby). The worst ones are the pron applicants. At least they make it easy to ban.

I did go through our auto settings a few times to help out. I still check every profile unless it's obvious. Too many scammers out there.

Aren't there just generic made up groups that fill newsfeeds with an almost one click join button now?
My FB news feed was uninteresting before ads and group suggestions became 9 out of the 10 first newsfeed items. E: and became even more uninteresting after :p

Last edited:
I struggle to believe any real person could be a member of over 1000 groups.

Pretty much this!

I'm in 14 groups and 28 pages, mostly clubbing related. I never really figured out what the difference is between groups and pages as they're mostly franchises and have the same sort of layout. Some let you make new topics on the discussion groups/pages where others only let you reply to topics posted by the owners.

I started an FB group that blew up and eventually wound up abandoning it. After a few 1,000 join, the spamming and people trying to overtly break/circumvent rules makes it an endless admin nightmare. Most groups I see now just seem to be generated content for monetisation of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom