Bed level issue?

Soldato
Heya all,

Recently got me a 3D Printer (Ender -3 S1 Pro) and its been brilliant so far,Printed off a few small stuff and they've all come out really good.

However printing larger item such as this tool drawer organiser i see what there appears to be "Dragging" of the head over the non yet dry filament

ygH6Q4U.jpeg

Is this purely a bed leveling issue? or is there something else i need to adjust?
i done the whole paper leveling thing with the head.

appreciate any feedback. :)

Soldato
yes.
do you have a BL/CR Touch? run a bed mesh.
if not, you've got the back too low and the front too high.

I'd also look into using z-hop while printing.

Soldato
OP
Hi pal,Cheers for the reply,

Yes the Ender 3 S1 Pro has a BL/CR touch and i have run the option and let it do all the corners and center, Along with (at first use of the printer) doing the whole paper adjust thing so that the paper is just able to slide in and out from the print head. (maybe i need to manually raise it a bit higher all round potentially? )
Z-Hop...is that a setting within the printer itself or in the Slicer software? (i use UltiMaker Cura)

May sound stupid (or not) but would putting a spirit level on the bed and then adjusting the 4 knobs underneath the bed to level it THEN running the BL/CR touch test would sort this you think?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd level as good as you can with the bed knobs and then run the BL touch, make sure that you have the code for enabling mesh bed in your G-Code (I think it's M420 s1 on my printer but should be standard), this should be in your G-Code start section so the printer enables the mesh bed that your BL touch stores, otherwise you are just using a standard flat bed which as we know most beds are not as flat as we would like.....mine is like a dish lol.

Z-Hop is in Cura or whatever slicer you use, search the settings and enable it, all it does is lift the head a little when moving over the print so it doesn't drag over the existing print.

Back
Top Bottom