• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

#BeForTheGame

Soldato
Two Reasons, first going all in, so many people move to RTX cards, which will help gaming adoption and give them further advantages in the future. 2nd 7nm will probably come in Q3 or Q4 2019. So they have only 1 year to sell turing, before they'll change to 7nm.

But it will take some time before all cards have this RT engine and it won't be until the 2050 level cards (Nvidia's mass sales point) get this feature until it's worth developers even considering making a big a push on DX12 RT nevermind a gameworks only implementation.

Soldato
Two Reasons, first going all in, so many people move to RTX cards, which will help gaming adoption and give them further advantages in the future. 2nd 7nm will probably come in Q3 or Q4 2019. So they have only 1 year to sell turing, before they'll change to 7nm.

It's mostly marketing... by the time games start to take advantage of ray tracing on any meaningful scale, 7nm cards will be on the horizon, if not available already. It's going to be like so many technologies... the potential and promise is there, but it'll take ages for it to actually become something we benefit from. First adopters will be drip fed, as always.

Just watch on Monday, no doubt Jensen will show off some amazing Ray Tracing demos just like he did at Siggraph, but it's not like any game in the immediate future is going to be capable of producing that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's mostly marketing... by the time games start to take advantage of ray tracing on any meaningful scale, 7nm cards will be on the horizon, if not available already. It's going to be like so many technologies... the potential and promise is there, but it'll take ages for it to actually become something we benefit from. First adopters will be drip fed, as always.

Just watch on Monday, no doubt Jensen will show off some amazing Ray Tracing demos just like he did at Siggraph, but it's not like any game in the immediate future is going to be capable of producing that.

It is the much smaller window they have to sell these due to 7nm likely coming out in 2019 as he mentioned. Seems like a very good reason to me.

Caporegime
But it will take some time before all cards have this RT engine and it won't be until the 2050 level cards (Nvidia's mass sales point) get this feature until it's worth developers even considering making a big a push on DX12 RT nevermind a gameworks only implementation.

How do you know the 2050 wont have it?

Caporegime
I don't, but hats not really important. If this is part of gameworks it's not really going to do much.

It is not only part of gameworks, it is fully supported my Microsoft's DXR API and liekly will appear in cohorts with Vulkan at some point.

The Gamesworks implementation will be extended and offer high-level features.

Soldato
It is not only part of gameworks, it is fully supported my Microsoft's DXR API and liekly will appear in cohorts with Vulkan at some point.

The Gamesworks implementation will be extended and offer high-level features.

I'm not sure it will be supported without the dreaded Nvidia SDK.

V F

V F

Soldato
It's so funny that there is an NVIDIA twitch stream running with 564 people watching a green screen with a 68 hour countdown.

Caporegime
He has a pretty good understanding of the industry and very good historical knowledge. Why wouldn't people believe him? Because you don't like what he says is your problem

because time and time again he is shown to be completely wrong and clueless on so much of the technology.

Associate
because time and time again he is shown to be completely wrong and clueless on so much of the technology.

Yeah it's difficult to take anything he says seriously. Apart from the fact that the exposure has really gone to his head when listening to his words now, his opinion is often backed up by bias analysis that fits his agenda.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yer, I find it impossible to watch somebody rant on and on about how bad NVidia is but how great AMD is. I don't mind bias but making money from it is low.
I watch his videos. You are probably referring to videos from a couple years ago, which is where he lost you as viewer. He has been saying nvidia cards are better for some time now, you may like his content better now :p;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom