beginner dj console

Soldato
I want a really cheap less than £100 dj set-up just to learn on. I've seen the Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2 which just connects to the pc. I was wondering about the use of headphones, how do you get it so the headphones can preview the song before the song plays on the speakers? I have a sound card the Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI would this work?

Soldato
Yes I believe you can do that. If you are using Virtual DJ at least you can turn a 5.1 setup into a dual output, you could also use your onboard soundcard for the headphones then the Xonar for the speakers.

Associate
Hey, I bought the Hercules RMX a couple of months ago, and I’ve gotta say I’m really impressed with it, it’s a more expensive model so I’m not sure what the quality of the cheaper models is like.

First thing I would suggest though is to use it with Traktor instead of VDJ

Soldato
OP
What do you think about the U-MIX CONTROL 2? I can't find a lot about it on google but it looks like the U-MIX CONTROL PRO but without a built in soundcard and the only input is USB to the PC whereas the PRO one has RCA outputs and headphone outputs built into it. Should I just get the cheaper one? I'm not too bothered about the software, I just want to learn on the mixer then get some actual decks later if I want to.

Back
Top Bottom