Beginning of the end for Tesla & Musk ?

Soldato
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-it-asked-suppliers-for-refunds-idUSKBN1KD1CE

Tesla has asked some suppliers to refund money paid by the electric car maker since 2016, the Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday citing a memo.

The memo, which the paper said was sent by a global supply manager, described the request as essential to Tesla’s continued operation and characterized it as an investment in the car company to continue the long-term growth between both players.

This seems utterly bizarre even the likes of General Motors and Chrysler didn't do anything this drastic in the run up to their bankruptcies, it's basically a company version of looking under the couch for any loose coins.

No wonder Musk has been going off the rails on Twitter recently

Soldato
OP
I think we should go back to horse and cart.

Riding along the side of the railway line yesterday I was imagining how cool it would be to see steam engines again, but instead of coal to create the steam they could have little nuclear reactors

Unfortunately a nuclear reactor in a train wouldn't pass health & safety standards, not to mention where we'd dump the old fuel rods :(

Electric in in the trucking industry will also be huge. Lack of noise from electric delivery trucks combined with self driving so there are less issues scheduling deliveries means we can more easily shift most trucks to delivering at night where there is less traffic.

Only if they manage to reduce the weight of the batteries, I read somewhere that the weight of the battery in the Tesla lorry was around 4.5tonnes (10klbs) which would mean trucks carrying less freight to compensate for heavy batteries

Soldato
OP
That's before again you factor in things like noise, pollution and the savings companies can make or the ease with which their companies can hit emissions targets, the way they can deliver stuff out of busy hours in the middle of the night without getting noise complaints from big noisy engines. How much fuel is wasted idling in traffic jams on motorways and in cities for a truck while an electric engine will waste next to nothing in the same situation.

Oh I don't doubt that the batteries will likely end up cheaper than fuel in a like for like scenario, my point (that I didn't really make) was more that less load capacity = more trucks on the road and more trucks = more production, more tyres, parts etc and more batteries that will eventually need to disposing of in a way that doesn't harm the environment if we're to keep everything "green"

Soldato
OP
Except for the fact that pretty much every single car company is investing heavily in hybrid, electric or hydrogen tech? They know that big changes are coming whether they like it or not.

Yeah and it's not like they have a choice

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...nd-diesel-car-ban-forward-2030-green-alliance

30/20 years isn't that far off so if they want to keep selling cars to the UK they need to start developing tech which allows them to do so or else they lose an entire market

Soldato
OP
He drinks more whiskey than he tokes weed, both are legal, yet one is not socially "accepted" as okay, it's all a fuss over nothing

But hey the video is great, youtube is probably the future of TV, I mean there's zero chance in hell you'd get a 2 hour interview with a top CEO on TV with him drinking whiskey and smoking weed chatting about abstract concepts of reality

There is irony however in his closing statements of telling people not to judge others, whilst he's labelling that cave diver rescuer as a pedo

Back
Top Bottom