Beginning of the end for Tesla & Musk ?

Soldato
Tricky situation for them, clearly he's not in a good place mentally right now but that company is majorly built on his 'reality distortion field' to use the famous Steve Jobs term. They couldn't possibly usurp him without tanking the company even worse.

Associate
Commissario
The stock taking a big hit is probably because although smoking marijuana may be legal in California, it's not something investors like to see the head of a company doing, when the company is having "issues" and that person has been acting oddly/irrationally and there are already rumours about how he may be using other, illegal substances.

For some reason a lot of investors like the companies they have large sums of money in, to be run by people who aren't openly taking mind altering substances, especially when the company isn't doing well (orders not shipping on time/qc being poor/rumours of staff being treated badly/bad or illegal working conditions), and those people are already acting oddly in very public ways.

A lot of investing in a company like Tesla requires that you trust the people running it to do a good job, unfortunately for the investors Musk's actions over the last few months have not been exactly geared to inspire confidence in him personally, or his company.

Soldato
I was more commenting about the news story its self and not what investors think about it. The way the article was written was just very odd and was all over the place. Famous man smoked 'weed', turns out 'weed' is legal in California, a few soundbites, stock takes a big hit and then right at the bottom it includes Musk's comments about his drug use from the podcast. It's like they couldn't decide if it was a piece on the stock taking a hit, Elon's general behaviour or what he said in the interview.

Your analysis of the situation is far more thought out and relevant than what the BBC could come up with.

I've not watched it yet but I'm not surprised it took a hit after smoking week on a webcast. At the end of the day the stock IS overpriced and is highly influenced by feelings rather than tangible results which is partly why it is so volatile.

Soldato
You'd think he'd not say another word about the libel he "apologised" for.

But no, talks to a reporter and further emphasises the same stupid slur which appears to have zero credibility.

That kind of trashtalking is for nobodies not billionaire CEOs.

Reporter scores a dream scoop and it's a dream case for the firm that takes it on for the diver.

Soldato
He behaves how I imagine the average 10 year old would behave if given billions and told to go crazy. His companies appear to be toys to amuse himself with.

I don't begrudge him, he earned the right fair and square, but I wont be investing.

Soldato
Lmao thats it? I saw that one and thought this cant possibly be whats causing all the hoohar.

He didnt even inhale, its the type of toke you take when youre at school getting peer pressured into smoking weed haha.

I was hoping it would be a nice pro toke snoop dogg style, this dude is certainly not a regular weed smoker.... Either that or hes a massive undercover stoner and he actually wanted to come across as an amateur who's never smoked before.

Soldato
OP
He drinks more whiskey than he tokes weed, both are legal, yet one is not socially "accepted" as okay, it's all a fuss over nothing

But hey the video is great, youtube is probably the future of TV, I mean there's zero chance in hell you'd get a 2 hour interview with a top CEO on TV with him drinking whiskey and smoking weed chatting about abstract concepts of reality

There is irony however in his closing statements of telling people not to judge others, whilst he's labelling that cave diver rescuer as a pedo

Permabanned
Lmao thats it? I saw that one and thought this cant possibly be whats causing all the hoohar.

He didnt even inhale, its the type of toke you take when youre at school getting peer pressured into smoking weed haha.

I was hoping it would be a nice pro toke snoop dogg style, this dude is certainly not a regular weed smoker.... Either that or hes a massive undercover stoner and he actually wanted to come across as an amateur who's never smoked before.

This guy knows the score and you should stop arguing with him. And if he claims he can get you a mac-10 in ten minutes then I believe him :D

Caporegime
There’s apparently another issue with the Weed. Security clearance, which he has as the CEO/President(?) of spaceX.

Apparently the airforce are none too happy, which may have implications for SpaceX unfortunately.

Caporegime
it's a bit silly tbh... both silly of him to do it in the first place (from a PR perspective etc..) but also silly of the military to have such a stick up their arses about it and perhaps considering things such as, well, context etc.. We've currently got a man with a serious alcohol problem running the EU and there are plenty of other people in positions of power with similar issues, (in fact in the military in this country alcoholism is a big issue) I don't think a bit of weed is really all that much of a big deal aside from the knee jerk military type reaction of "drugs are bad m'kay".

also as if he's not a regular smoker of the stuff after the crazy tweets "I'm taking the company private at $420 a share" stuff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

Soldato
Just goes to show how dodgy the media is and how they simply NEVER report what ACTUALLY happens.

The guy clearly takes a 100% fake draw, yet media is reporting it as if we have a new snoop dogg rival lmao. Why cant they simply say what actually happens and what is actually visible in the video? Simply proves that if you cant trust media to report properly and truthfully on basic things then how on earth can you trust them to report properly on more important pressing issues. Peeps need to stop trusting mainstream media they have ZERO credibility nowadays, they are just waiting around like vultures for anything to happen which they can blow out of proportion to make money from ads and subscriptions.

Back
Top Bottom