Belgium GP Spa 2017 travel help please...

Associate
OK, im doing the GP this year and never done one before. Im staying in Liege, and im happy to catch the train to Verviers - but thats where it all gets a bit iffy from research on the net.

Consensus is to catch the 294 or 395 bus there and back (seems straightforward) - but others say there is a free shuttle bus, some say it was a nightmare... Can anyone shed some light that has been RECENTLY as to how easy or difficult this is gonna be please??? Does going really early help too???

All help and advice is greatly appreciated...

ps - if this is in the wrong section - apologies...

Associate
Im off this year too but we are driving down 4 of us, first time for me but its the 50th year for Spa so its looking to be something special i can't wait.

Soldato
we are there this year too, my 6th year in a row i think

2 of us in the rs4, its a great circuit and i cant wait, camping etc is half the fun as actually from a racing point of view its not that great, very short amount of laps, no parade lap at the end and etc etc.

Associate
OP
OK, just as an update for those that might find the info helpful. Getting to Verviers each day was dead easy. Now upon getting to there on the sat morning, there was a helpful little van selling tickets for the shuttle bus for 10eur pp for both the sat and sunday return - i thought that was good value. Herded onto the bus and we were off!
No air con - things got toasty real quick! So did the traffic where it meets with the motorway near the track. In the end we ditched the bus and walked the last 3k i reckon! (follow the crowd!) Return bus was from the Maison Godefroid stop on the rue de spa (up the hill from la source entrance). Dead easy and the return was fine.

Sunday we decided to go earlier (7am train from verviers) - and although we got closer on the bus this time, we still got off and walked the last bit - grabbed a coffee and some pastries from a local shop - and also some baguettes and water for during the day.
Return was from the same stop and also dead easy!

For my 1st F1 race - i loved every damn second of it and i cant wait to do another! Even the wife enjoyed it and wants to go again - result!! Was dead easy by public transport and i would stay in liege again (the hostel was clean and firendly and cheap!!!)

ps - how the hell does anyone drive to that track - its a nightmare!!!!

Back
Top Bottom