Belkin F5D7632UK4A & Torrent Speeds

Associate
Hi Guys, I have been having a problem for several months and have yet to find a solution which is why I am finally writing this post.

I had been using a Belkin F5D7630uk4A for 2 years, loved it, a doddle to set up, did everything I wanted and would have happily never upgraded, sadly after 2 years of constant use this unit gave up the ghost and stopped working, I then applied for a new unit under the Belkin lifetime warranty, sadly this older unit was no longer produced so they sent me a F5D7632UK model (version 2000 or 3000, not sure which), this unit arrived with a damaged case so was sent back to Belkin, before sending it back I tested it and sure enough everything was fine, the replacement model was a F5D7632UK4A (Version 4000) and it’s this unit that I am having problems with. I mainly use my 2mb Pipex broadband connection for downloading torrent files (legal only), my old unit used to let me achieve speeds well into the 100’s, occasionally 200+ KB/s, my new unit seems to limit me to 20-25KB/s which is roughly what I can upload at (256KB/s upload speeds). My PC has not changed, my Belkin PCI card has not changed (F5D5000) and lastly my software has not changed, the only change being my Belkin wireless modem/router. I am still achieving almost full signal strength between my wireless modem//router and it’s still quoting 54MBPS as the connection speed. Worth noting that a speed test run on my PC does stand up to my ISP’s speed claims and I still surf at full speed, the only thing that runs slowly is Bittorrents. I have tried several bittorrent clients which all seem to achieve the same slow speeds, my ports are forwarded (have tried several) as I am quite happy with this aspect of setting up my modem/router and in fact the set up screen on my modem quotes “Data Rate Down / Up - 2272Kb/288Kb” so I know the speed is there, just sadly not with bittorrents.

I have already checked and rechecked firewalls (that have not changed since I switched units), channels, interference, in fact, nothing at all has changed apart from the Belkin unit, so I am at a loss.

My Belkin F5D7632UK4A (Version 4000) came with firmware 4.01.09 pre-installed and this is still the current firmware (according to the auto firmware upgrader as no firmware appears for this unit on the Belkin website.

As a final test I plugged my PC straight into a USB modem and removed the Belkin unit from my system and can confirm that my torrent software is fine as I started to achieve figures similar to the max speed allowed with my ISP account (200KB/s). So it’s not my PC or the torrents themselves.

Anyone know where I am going wrong or what I am missing?, my PC runs XP Pro SP2.

HELP PLEASE as it’s driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice offered.

Red Devil

Permabanned
Its probably packet shaping from your ISP. What ISP do you have?

EDIT: Ignore that. Didn't read it properly :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom