Benchmarking Competition - Novabench

Associate
Have not seen this one come around for quite a while so we might as well give it a whirl.

1) Download Novabench here:
Novabench - Download

2) Run the tests and take a snip of your result as well as the CPU and memory tabs of CPUz, like this:

Font Screenshot Rectangle Software Technology

You can compete individually for any one of the four measurements (CPU, RAM, GPU, DISK) as well as overall ranking, of course.

3) Include a link to your online benchmark result so we can make better comparisons (if at all possible)

4) If you know exactly what your effective clock speed is, please post that with your result. Otherwise I will default to using the Novabench clock speed listed in your result.

Associate
OP
I have a feeling that this benchmark doesnt take into consideration dual cpus. Just managed to score 7570 with a Dual Epyc 7713 workstation i am currently building.
Yeah I ran into the same problem. Novabench will not recognize more than 1 numa node. What you need to do is go into the BIOS and disable numa and then re-run the test.

If it's still not accurate go into task manager and set CPU affinity for novabenchGUI.exe. You should be able to check all the cores at that point and they should be listed under a single node.

Associate
OP
Judging by all the tests so far it seems this benchmark favours Ryzen more, any idea why?
Seems to synergistically favor high core count chips. This must be something to do with the CPU tests but can't say for sure.

Also, I'm surprised we have not seen any 12900Ks yet, those should at least do better than the 5800Xs near the top of the leader board.

Associate
OP
Need someone to try it to find out, it seems the E cores make little to no difference in this test as well.
My theory is that it doesn't put the CPU through a comprehensive test. I think it probably tests one core and then multiplies it depending on core count. I think hyperthreads are worth half of a core score. Hence, the higher the core count the better the score.

Associate
OP
Sorry guys I have not been able to update the leaderboard in a while... I simply don't have time right now - dealing with some life issues. You guys can keep posting just to keep track of your competition that way.

Back
Top Bottom