BenQ FP202W 20"

ryu

ryu

Associate
hey, theres been an influx of 20" widescreens recently which is a refreshing change, since nothing really challenged the dell for such a long time.

ive noticed however that nobody has really been mentioning the benQ fp202w which to me looks like the most eye pleasing 20" widescreen tft to be released. i prefer the minimalist design, just a plain display with no unnecessary additions to the screen like speakers and buttons etc.

i was just unsure why there has been numerous threads on all of the competing screens but no mention of this one as of yet? without disgruntling anybody too much, im not a perfectionist or anything, but i see the monitor to be the most visually important aspect of a setup and i would just not be satisfied by the designs of any of the alternatives.

td be cool to hear other peoples opinions and maybe get some photos of people who have purchased this tft.

Caporegime
The reason being the BenQ use a TN panel, which compared to IPS and MVA, it's viewing angle is baddddddddddddddddd. Considering it's price, and being widescreen, one would expect a better panel. I wouldn't expect watching films on a WS TN panel would be as nice as it could be. It might look good but its form over substance.

ryu

ryu

Associate
OP
ah cheerz for clearing that up, i havent really read into it too much, i guess i should have realised what you identified. hmmm moving from 2 x 172x which are tn panel i wouldnt be too disatisfied although bringing widescreen into the equation may create new problems. the screen is available elsewhere for a much cheaper price which is a positive. its a trade off between design and screen quality again. damn why do companies always annoy me like this, id have thought the initial design spec would have identified using older display technology is hardly the wisest of choices to increase product sales.

Back
Top Bottom