Benq XL2411Z - V2 from OCUK?

Associate
Just wondering if anyone can confirm that the monitors on sale from OCUK are at v2 firmware?? There are a LOT of v1s still out there and wouldn't want to get burned! :confused:

Associate
I asked about a month ago and the stock they had then were V!.
Since then they have gone out of and back into stock twice so best asking in the Pre Sales Queries section about what they have now.

Associate
OP
How reliable are the query people? The reason I ask is because I know of 2 people now who both ordered from different places and both were told they v2's... only to end up recieving v1. I've only ever had perfect service from OCUK over the years, but obviously I want to make sure I end up with a v2 before ordering!!

Associate
OP
Oh I would, I just wondered if anyone knew so I dont waste a week waiting for stuff to turn up followed by having to get it sent back. Time wasting I don't need on my week off..!

Associate
OP
They've got back to me saying they can't guarantee they would be v2. This is like a wild goose chase, from what I've heard it seems retailers and benq aren't really bothered about whether consumers end up with a v2 or not. A real shame. I'm not keen on chancing this.

Associate
OP
Blurring issues, cross talk when strobing basically so it has an odd constant Vsyncing effect. Looks dreadful. I do worry about Benqs quality control to be honest, amazing how it shipped in it's current state. The fact they dont seem at all bothered about sorting the issue in any great urgency does nothing to alter my opinion on them. I've contacted them directly, I'm eagerly awaiting their response.

Associate
If it's similar to the XL2720Z v1 issue then I wouldn't say it was anywhere near dreadful. Most people won't even notice it tbh. But I ordered my 2720 about a month ago and had v2 on so could load up the blurbusters software to rectify the issue.

Associate
OP
Perhaps the 2720 situation is better in terms of the cross talk AND availability? Seems there are loads of V1s around from what I've heard from my mates who are also looking for XL2411Zs

Associate
Associate
Sorry to bring up an old thread - but wondering if anyone has bought one recently? What version did you receive?

I asked pre-sales but unfortunately they are unable to guarantee which version I would receive.

Associate
Sorry to bring up an old thread - but wondering if anyone has bought one recently? What version did you receive?

I asked pre-sales but unfortunately they are unable to guarantee which version I would receive.

Pathetic isn't it, I'm in the market for one to go with my new GTX970, guess I'll have to look elsewhere. :(

Associate
Just to update everyone - received my monitor today, and it is version 2.

(No Haribo though :( )

In case anyone is interested - the steps to find out the firmware version are as follows (from blurbusters)

For bringing up the service menu on BENQ, the steps are:
1. Turn off your monitor (tap power and then wait 5 seconds) if it is already on.
2. Cover the MENU touch button (the 4th touch button out of 5, excluding power touch button)
3. While covering the MENU touch button, tap the power button.
4. Nothing will happen for 2 seconds. Ignore this hesistation.
5. All lights will flash simultaneously.
6. Release your finger off the MENU touch button.
7. Monitor will power up. Wait for the monitor to power on.
8. When the monitor is displaying computer desktop, tap the MENU button
9. Service menu will appear, showing firmware version of your monitor.

Back
Top Bottom