Bernard Hill dies at 79

Caporegime

A fantastic actor, he had great on-screen presence. I'm sure my generation will remember him mostly for Lord of the Rings and Titanic, but I remember him most recently for his performance as the abrasive Lord Norfolk in Wolf Hall.

"Cromwell...why are you such a....person?"

RIP :(

Well that looks excellent, I guess I'm going to watch Wolf Hall this evening then! RIP :(

(FWIW the other actor in that scene, Mark Rylance, is excellent in the film "The Outfit" on Netflix too.)

I've missed a few BBC dramas as I previosuly scrapped my TV license for a few years thanks to Netflix/Prime/Disney.

Soldato
OP
Well that looks excellent, I guess I'm going to watch Wolf Hall this evening then! RIP :(

(FWIW the other actor in that scene, Mark Rylance, is excellent in the film "The Outfit" on Netflix too.)

I've missed a few BBC dramas as I previosuly scrapped my TV license for a few years thanks to Netflix/Prime/Disney.
The last time I went to watch Wolf Hall, I had to pirate it anyway, as it wasn't on iPlayer...but now it seems that it is. Definitely worth a watch, fantastic show and an amazing cast. And yes, I've seen The Outfit...another fab film for Rylance. He was also in Dunkirk.

Caporegime

Watching Mark Rylance sharing a scene with Bernard Hill is a privilege, 2 acting powerhouses. Easily as good as anything mainstream Hollywood can offer up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom