Best 2.1 speakers for gaming for around £100

Soldato
The bigger the slab of metal on the desk the more man you are! same goes for weight

Lol yes. :)

But! They are just too wide! Amps for stereos for eg, although not separate, are less wide and more tall. Technics do quite a few like that, no good fo separates though. Does no one make separate amps like that?

I could buy a new desk to accept the amps sheer wideness, but after buying a desk I wouldn't be able to get an amp. Kind of deflates the whole thing. :p

Soldato
There's some nice 2nd hand passive speakers on the bay, but amplifiers are just too damn big sadly. I did see Kam Soundpack 2, 2 bookshelf speakers and a smaller amp, which would be ideal, size wise, but I can find no opinions on it anywhere.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies all, might actually go for the Logitech z-5500, these combined with an Asus Xonar 7.1 would be a great combo?

Anyone got experiences with this set?

Soldato
What made you decide to get 5.1 over 2.1?

Z-5500 are said be great speakers. Probably the best 5.1 speakers that have digital connections, unlike the majority of PC sets that are analogue, meaning one can connect to a flat screen TV if they wanted. Also, the Z-5500 are the best PC 5.1 speakers for music, the cheaper ones as metioned in previous posts are not so good.

Which Xonar btw?

Soldato
OP
After countless deciding decisions i went with the Logitech Z-2300 setup, looks like i've made a good choice and can't wait for them to arrive.

Thanks everyone for your input.:)

Soldato
What's the A1 like for games and films? Should be great for music from what I've heard.

Its not a super high powered amp but it is great for the price. Regarded as best amp for the price. I ran the Mission bookshelves I had on it for years and no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom