• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best £200 card

Associate
My cousins kid is after a computer for his birthday, very tight budget. We’re giving him my spare pc with an i7-2600 just to get him started on his feet.

Looking at second hand seems I can get a 2080 or a brand new 6600? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated

My cousins kid is after a computer for his birthday, very tight budget. We’re giving him my spare pc with an i7-2600 just to get him started on his feet.

Looking at second hand seems I can get a 2080 or a brand new 6600? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated

Just go with the new GPU that has a warranty unless you really don't mind the hassle of "Well, you said a used one would be a good idea" if it ever fails on them.

Someone else said on here recently that they found an RX 6600 for £165 by shopping around. It's a solid card for 1080p.

For a first pc I wouldn't buy second hand. You want as much chance of a good experience as possible. Them chances are greatly reduced when you go second hand.

I would go for a 1080Ti, got one in my machine and one in my boys, best upgrade for circa £150 I could get and was not dissapointed - doing the comparisons the £200 cards just did not give the extra £50 worth of performance.

Thanks all for your input appreciate it! I’m in the way to overclockers now with my brother - first time I’ve been in the shop! Going to get the 6600 I think Asus Dual it just seems overall much better than the 3050. I assume it’s not like Vega where you have to tinker with it? Out of the box they seem very efficient cool and fast..

Dissapointing there’s no in store shopping click and collect only takes an hour.. wish I knew as it’s took me nearly 2 hours to get here!! Ah well ordered a 6600 just need to wait for it to be picked now..

yes I agree oc got rid of the shop a good while ago you can do a click and collect you just have to wait for a text message to pick up your item I've often posted on here they need reopen the shop as I like to pay cash so the wife doesn't see how much I spend

shame on you overlockers

yes I agree oc got rid of the shop a good while ago you can do a click and collect you just have to wait for a text message to pick up your item I've often posted on here they need reopen the shop as I like to pay cash so the wife doesn't see how much I spend

shame on you overlockers
Yep agree! It’ll be the last time I go and will stick to going in store sounds like Scam as I like having a look round the whole setups

Dissapointing there’s no in store shopping click and collect only takes an hour.. wish I knew as it’s took me nearly 2 hours to get here!! Ah well ordered a 6600 just need to wait for it to be picked now..
As much as I liked my 1080 Ti, which I just sold on here. The lack of a Direct X feature such as Mesh Shaders is starting to cause issue in games. The 6600 is a good choice in that case. The popular AMD 5700XT also now becoming obsolete for the same reason.

As much as I liked my 1080 Ti, which I just sold on here. The lack of a Direct X feature such as Mesh Shaders is starting to cause issue in games. The 6600 is a good choice in that case. The popular AMD 5700XT also now becoming obsolete for the same reason.
Completely agree and given this is his first pc to last a little while I don’t want him to encounter any issues due to missing feature set

Back
Top Bottom