Best 240hz 1920x1080 display?

Associate
I don't know where to begin, I have had the worst few days ever.

Basically Ive been using a BenQ XL2411Z 24 inch 144hz monitor for over 6 years. However recently I managed to get a new RTX GPU which made me want to buy a 1440p display since I have the hardware for it. I went ahead and spent a few days doing mass research and comparing monitors and I ended up buying the Dell S2721DGFA which arrived two days ago. Ever since I plugged it in I can only find things to complain about, it's actually upsetting me because I was looking forward to upgrading to a 27" 1440p display but it seems like the colours are really OFF. For example the reds on my display look extremely neon bright yet everything else looks washed out and faded. The blacks are grey and don't look black at all.

I've downloaded the driver and used multiple ICC profiles along with checking if I have the native resolution selected but nothing has helped me. I did some research and it's either a faulty panel or I'm not used to it. But the reds are so bright compared to over colours it doesn't look right whatseover.

So I'm in the process of wanting to return the monitor and I will go back to what I know I was comfortable with. A 1920x1080 24" display. However I will get a 240hz one, will this display have sharp and crisp colours like a 1440p monitor would? I'm so confused and upset to know what to do right now.

Is it possible for someone not to like a 1440p 27" Also when I watch Twitch streams the gameplay looks so blurry on my 1440p display. why? What is causing this?

Permabanned
You had a TN and then a IPS why not get a 1440p VA?

The RES was not the issue it was partly the panel type and even same type each monitor make/model is different but to stay 1080p on your newer GPU (not sure on your GPU or CPU model as yo do not say) would be a waste IMO.

Did you try to adjust it yourself as an ICC profile made on a monitor is not 100% certain to be the same looking on another monitor the same make/model (these sites actually state that).

Associate
OP
You had a TN and then a IPS why not get a 1440p VA?

The RES was not the issue it was partly the panel type and even same type each monitor make/model is different but to stay 1080p on your newer GPU (not sure on your GPU or CPU model as yo do not say) would be a waste IMO.

Did you try to adjust it yourself as an ICC profile made on a monitor is not 100% certain to be the same looking on another monitor the same make/model (these sites actually state that).

Why VA? I heard IPS is the best nowadays. Why do Twitch streams look so blurry to watch on 1440p, I can't stand it.
Do 1920x1080 24" displays exist which will look beautiful and sharp for heavy gaming, which one specifically? I think it comes down to me not liking 27" 1440p.

I used a ton of ICC profiles, even for different monitors just to see if it helped. I used the ICC profile specifically from the Dell website and it didn't do anything. I can't seem to understand why reds look neon bright but everything else isn't bright.

Permabanned
You "hear" too much going by my reading above, you want Black Blacks or once again Grey Blacks?

Get a 32" 1440p it has Pixel Density as 24" 1080p.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You "hear" too much going by my reading above, you want Black Blacks or once again Grey Blacks?

Get a 32" 1440p it has Pixel Density as 24" 1080p.

i'm a heavy gamer, 32" will be too big for me. i'm struggling with the 27" inch. u had to upscale programs/taskbar to 125% but now everything is blurry because of it.

Permabanned
I give up, you may be better making an appointment with your optician (best advise I can give you, if you even listen).

Associate
OP
I give up, you may be better making an appointment with your optician (best advise I can give you, if you even listen).

What? I feel like you haven't read anything I posted. You asked me about ICC profiles and if I adjusted them myself yet I clearly stated I did. Now you are suggesting me a bigger monitor despite me crying about how I don't like the 27"?

Permabanned
I read it and you repeat the same crap over and over so I am out.

The 27" would look small @ 1440p that is why I said 1440p @ 32" (thinking you meant he pixel size not monitor size).

You are beyond help God the help the retailers with your DSA returns (no wonder prices are high).

Associate
OP
I read it and you repeat the same crap over and over so I am out.

The 27" would look small @ 1440p that is why I said 1440p @ 32" (thinking you meant he pixel size not monitor size).

You are beyond help God the help the retailers with your DSA returns (no wonder prices are high).

I mean I find it difficult to understand when you can't even type proper sentences. Thanks for trying to help though despite your mood swing.

Permabanned
Seriously, you cannot string one together and lack basic English grammar and punctuation so Touché :rolleyes:

FYI you never put a question mark in a sentence, it always goes at the end no matter where the question is in the sentence. :)

I was not in a mood but you do not listen and repeat, repeat, you sure are a Kool Aid kid. ;)

P.S Reds are rosy red on my monitor. :D

Back
Top Bottom