Best 939 Motherboard

Associate
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I'm currently looking for a new 939 motherboard as they are at the end of production. I have seen that Overclockers seem to be running out, although I guess there are more at other vendors. I'm finally making the leap from AGP to PCI express too. So I will be buying a X1900 XT to go with it. I'm not sure that I'll be using multi GPU. So, my requirements are this must fit a 4600 X2 without a BIOS update, take 4 sticks of RAM (4x512 Corsair). I also use RAID0 with SATA and also use a PATA drive as well. I was looking at the ASUS Crossfire motherboard post last night, but that seemed to have major issues and I couldn't see if these had been resolved. Alternatively I could get an nforce 4 board and either have single PCi-E or SLI and have the option of SLI if I moved over to nvidia on the next GFX card. I'm not a major overclocker, but as always, it would be nice.

Cheers,

SoulJah

dfi ultra D, great price and has everything you could possibly want on a mothergboard, its well laid out and very stable, with every bios feature and adjustment you canthink of plus more Only thing it doesnt have is SLI (your egtting a ati so doesnt matter anyway :) )

get one before its gone, it really is cheap at the mo :p

EDIR: oh and ran my x2 stright out the box, got mine from OCers a few weeks ago

Soldato
mglover070588 said:
dfi ultra D, great price and has everything you could possibly want on a mothergboard, its well laid out and very stable, with every bios feature and adjustment you canthink of plus more Only thing it doesnt have is SLI (your egtting a ati so doesnt matter anyway :) )

get one before its gone, it really is cheap at the mo :p

EDIR: oh and ran my x2 stright out the box, got mine from OCers a few weeks ago

Did you have to use a single stick of RAM to start with and flash the BIOS also??

i do recall ram trouble when i built in. i got both ram sticks to run in the orange slots, both in yellow no post, and only one stick would post in any slot ithink aswel. my brother had trouble with some rams sticks in his, even though they where both corsair value 512mb with same timings, one had single sided memory n the other was double sided :confused:
anyway i have flashed the bios (soley to fix the dfi logo issue with ati x1800s) and its ok as far as i know now ram wise in all areas (sorry don't waan pull pc apart and start fiddling ;) ). someone please correct me if im wrong here :p

Soldato
I got an ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe about 3 weeks ago and have had no problems with at all with my other hardware (see sig). CPU worked straight out of the box with the BIOS that came with the board (0404). Not sure if it has as many options as the DFI but this board has TONS of overclocking featues! Too many for a nub like me really :p

Soldato
mglover070588 said:
yep. should work fine out of the box. and i flashed mine from windows. then it wouldn't post but i just had to reset the cmos and its fine :)

Hi gents, just put my DFI UT Ultra-d board in but not sure where the latest BIOS can be located?

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? I'd like to do the flash whilst in windows?

i used cpu-z to tell me the date of the bios. but i think it says at the bottom of the screen upon startup, jus below the list of hard drives (way wa befrore windows starts to load) although i cant say for certain as my widescreen cuts most of the text off

Back
Top Bottom